Young Boys (A) | CL | Post Match Thread

Absolutely, but that shouldn't stifle after match criticism, you said you were "sick of it", yet you just posted.....

That's all most are saying in here.

Like I said, I don't go in the match thread ever, and I don't look at it after either, that's just knee jerk shite. I comment similarly with family and friends on WhatsApp, but I wouldn't do it here, as it's totally irelevant to real life.

I do comment after the game, on how I felt the game went, tonight I didn't think we were great, we struggled at times in fact, and against a pretty poor side, and yet should probably have won 5 or 6-1 anyway.

I don't see an issue with that from anyone.
You don't ever go in the match thread yet you're a mod?

No wonder Jim Hairy gets stressed.

For me we never got properly to grips with the plastic pitch so I think they need to be given the benefit of the doubt

We'll see a true reflection of our superiority at the Etihad when I fully expect us to beat them by a cricket score

Good tempo to our play, some good stuff played. Made it hard for ourselves at times with our finishing but the way we played we were always going to win.

They weren’t a good side really. Looked fit and up for it but the only bit of quality was their goal which was a fantastic finish.

I like Pep’s coat.
Made him look like Uncle Fester!! :-)

You don't ever go in the match thread yet you're a mod?
Not quite true ;-) but the only time I ever go on there is if at I'm at work during a game (very rare these last few years as I work part time, and I'm usually at the game or watching on TV), and only then because it gives quicker score updates than anywhere else.

I've long advocated it shouldn't be modded, and also deleted as soon as the game ends, but we don't all agree.

Not quite true ;-) but the only time I ever go on there is if at I'm at work during a game (very rare these last few years as I work part time, and I'm usually at the game or watching on TV), and only then because it gives quicker score updates than anywhere else.

I've long advocated it shouldn't be modded, and also deleted as soon as the game ends, but we don't all agree.
I used to go on in match thread regularly until this season, then it dawned on me i was concentrating on reading far too much twaddle than i was watching the game. I go on occasionally this season and leave the odd comment then leave to concentrate on enjoying the game; )

Every time I go on a Match Day thread I regret it. Every fucking time. When am I gonna learn?

I was pleased with the win, a run out for some that haven’t played much, no injuries on that **** of a pitch, some lovely passages of play and many decent chances.

I was displeased with the regular hyperbolic disparagement of nearly every City player on the pitch by some in that thread.

We won't if we start with that line up, but since we are virtually through, I don't see why we shouldn't start with a similar one really.
I think we will. That pitch is a huge advantage for them as they play on it every other week and probably practice on it several times a week. We never looked ourselves and seeing as we eventually won I can now say it was down to the pitch and it can't be brushed away as an excuse

If those two teams played at the Etihad tonight we'd have smashed them 6-0

Brilliant it wasn't, sorry, great result in the end yes, but we were careless in front of goal, as the stats prove.
How do stats “prove” City were “careless” rather than unlucky, or some other adjective?

Meantime if a poster says he thought a result was “brilliant” — well, for him it was, if he was entertained, excited for the win in tough conditions, etc.

Anyhow the stat that matters most is 3 points! No stat trumps that one IMO.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.