Young Boys (A) | CL | Post Match Thread

People aren't really moaning, just saying it wasn't a great performance, it's commenting on the game.

Why should that not be allowed ?

Tonight we struggled to beat a team we should be beating every time, and yes we did beat them, but it was a bit of a tough watch, the attacking stats tell you that, 26 goal attempts, 14 on target, 3 goals, 1 a scrappy rebound, 1 a penalty, and 1 finally a decent finish.

30/40 pass moves when actually creating next to nothing is not good football, it might look "nice" but it's not great when it ends up back at the defenders.
Anyone can say anything they want as long as it’s within the rules.

You determine what is allowed and isn’t.

The match thread is always full of over reactions. It’s the rollercoaster that fans go through in every match.

Those people generally assimilate around a common target to blame.

If we’re poking holes in Pep football, I fear for this site when he finally calls it a day.

Why ?

Why can't people say it wasn't a great performance ?

I know we have very high expectations these days, but our finishing tonight was poor, 26 shots on goal, 14 on target, and we scored 3, that's not a great tally is it ?

There were some good performances, Lewis, Grealish, and Rodri, Alvarez and Bernardo when they came on, defence were mostly OK. However we allowed a pretty shite team to give us a game, and after their equaliser, we were hanging on a bit for a while.

We shouldn't be using the pitch as an excuse, there was nothing really that I noticed that was more difficult, and it's not like we don't play in the rain much either.

At the end of the day, the result is all that matters, and we won (easily in the end), but good performance (by our standards) it wasn't.

Any away win in the CL is a good "result", but I don't see the point painting the performance for something it wasn't. In the second half, we only gained control of the game by bringing on Alvarez and Bernardo imho.
No, it wasn't a great performance, but every season it takes us months to hit our precision groove. And we were playing a team that plays on that pitch every second week - huge advantage. We should expect dips in performance - all the great teams in history had out-of-form runs. While not in form we've won three out of three in the CL and nicely poised in the Prem.

People aren't really moaning, just saying it wasn't a great performance, it's commenting on the game.

Tonight we struggled to beat a team we should be beating every time, and yes we did beat them, but it was a bit of a tough watch, the attacking stats tell you that, 26 goal attempts, 14 on target, 3 goals, 1 a scrappy rebound, 1 a penalty, and 1 finally a decent finish.

30/40 pass moves when actually creating next to nothing is not good football, it might look "nice" but it's not great when it ends up back at the defenders.
No-one's saying it was a great performance. But saying stuff about 30-40 pass moves is just your opinion. Pep and many of us have a different opinion about aspects of the match. We are allowed to be off form but still dominant enough to win on an unfamiliar pitch that the opposition play on every other week. Generally, we are slow season starters but strong finishers. Glass half full.

We should expect dips in performance - all the great teams in history had out-of-form runs. While not in form we've won three out of three in the CL and nicely poised in the Prem.
Absolutely, but that shouldn't stifle after match criticism, you said you were "sick of it", yet you just posted.....
No, it wasn't a great performance
That's all most are saying in here.

Like I said, I don't go in the match thread ever, and I don't look at it after either, that's just knee jerk shite. I comment similarly with family and friends on WhatsApp, but I wouldn't do it here, as it's totally irelevant to real life.

I do comment after the game, on how I felt the game went, tonight I didn't think we were great, we struggled at times in fact, and against a pretty poor side, and yet should probably have won 5 or 6-1 anyway.

I don't see an issue with that from anyone.

It was a plastic pitch so I'm sure they were told to be careful. We were able to rest some of our A team, we created a lot of chances, Jack was back to his best and Haaland scored twice! What's not to like ? I really wonder what the team needs to do to make fans happy these days after all we can't play champagne football every game. I know you weren't impressed but I thought it was a brilliant nights work from the team.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.