United Thread - 2023/24

Who is everyone's favourite? I can't look past Moyes personally. I actually think if they'd stuck with van Gaal another 18 months they'd be competing for titles by now. He was boring but he was building a decent team - Jose saw the benefits of that with his 2nd place finish.

Moyes (2013-2014)
Giggsy (2014)
van Gaal (2014-2016)
Mourinho (2016-2018)
Ole (2018-2021)
Carrick (2021)
Ralf (2021-2022)
Ten Hag (2022-2023)

I actually thought Rangnick was on the right track, especially with his conclusions about the state of the club, but for some reason he didn't last into his two-year consultancy.

Van Gaal for the laughs and at least having a vision of where he could get to. And for telling Ten Hag to forget it, of course. Crazy Louis not to everyone's taste, but he was fun at least.

I agree with this part, go over to Ticket Exchange pages on here and that is apparent

CL games at home are sometimes the worst.

I am fortunate, i have a season ticket and loyalty points so i can still get tickets whenever i want and pay reasonable prices but it is changing fast

Average single match day tickets in the PL are now at least £70 - that is a disgrace however I saw a piece which said PL demand is higher now than ever for all clubs so people will pay for that once a season, family day out

I know for a fact in the 70's when my dad took me to my first games if it was costing him for one game I bet at least half a weeks wages, there is no way I would be as hooked as i am now because we would simply not have gone

Family of 4 (2 adults / 2 kids) I bet is £220 just to get in the ground.
Back in the early 70s my uncle used to take me, my dad gave him £1, covered train fare, dinner at John Lewis and entry to the match. How times have changed!
In recent times I was an occasional match goer, but not anymore, can't justify spending approx £100 including expenses to watch a game.

Who is everyone's favourite? I can't look past Moyes personally. I actually think if they'd stuck with van Gaal another 18 months they'd be competing for titles by now. He was boring but he was building a decent team - Jose saw the benefits of that with his 2nd place finish.

Moyes (2013-2014)
Giggsy (2014)
van Gaal (2014-2016)
Mourinho (2016-2018)
Ole (2018-2021)
Carrick (2021)
Ralf (2021-2022)
Ten Hag (2022-2023)

Agree with you on van gaal they were playing possession football yep was Brit boring not scoring many goals but he was going in the right direction! Think his antics his talking in press conferences was just one of the reasons they sacked him..

Shits and giggles mostly, but I am fearful of being described as smug though.
I suspected you were a WUM but wrongly gave you the benefit of the doubt. My mistake. Smug or not, you must lead an empty life. I am afraid I'm going to have to disappoint you and you're going to need to find someone else for your kicks, as I'm bored with you. So long.

Fingers crossed for his greater Manchester interview

Moyes (2013-2014)
Giggsy (2014)
van Gaal (2014-2016)
Mourinho (2016-2018)
Ole (2018-2021)
Carrick (2021)
Ralf (2021-2022)
Ten Hag (2022-2023)
Gotta be Moyes. The whole “he’s a jock from glasgow so it’ll work out fine” thing was amazing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.