Cole Palmer

He basically came out and said that he'd be on his way if we signed Doku, so not that wrong.

I think he could do a job in midfield but it seems Pep and himself see him as a winger. Doku at the moment seems pretty exciting and has had quite the impact. He's like Saint-Maximin with football intelligence.

Not the same type of players but Palmer was virtually swapped for Doku , although we apparently paid £10m more , so that is why there is a comparison , Doku has got off to a blistering start and certainly exceeded my expectations , he has come into the best team in the world and ripped it up.
Always thought Palmer would eventually establish himself in the team similar to Foden and it always means more when its a local lad from our academy , but you can understand why Palmer's head was turned a nice fat contract and a traditionally top six club in England but he is joining a team currently struggling in mid-table so he is bound to get more game time.
Pochetino is a decent manager and will given time sort out the scatter gun recruitment process at Chelsea , but Palmer will not be collecting medals any time soon , where as Doku has joined a winning machine.
Palmer's transfer was a good deal for everyone.

I'd have him in the middle here over Nunez at the moment. Hopefully Nunez comes up to speed soon and proves a good buy.
Something we never tried, it seemed like we got a good price for Palmer but then we gave Wolves pretty much the same for Nunez and like his namesake he has been disappointing, the homegrown factor alone makes Palmer a better signing for CFC than Nunez for us.

It is a little bit of a dropped bollock IMO but how can we really complain at their methods and planning? lol

Not disagreeing but he scored in the in the community shield at Wembley and the super cup final what more could he do

That was right at the end mate, he’d had ample chances before then to make a mark and didn’t. Even those goals came amidst otherwise dull displays IMO.

I just think we’ve steered away from those type of wingers (Mahrez etc) and instead want somebody more direct which he isn’t.

He’s a ‘10’ really but given we have Alvarez, KDB and Foden (and probably Nunes and Grealish) who can play that role there was no room for Palmer. And at £45m it was a no brainer.

Not to mention he (apparently) wanted to leave.

Too good to rot in the reserves not good enough to get regular first team football at the best club in the world. Essence of Sancho ability wise without the ego. Hope he learns his trade in this country and comes back or becomes a star elsewhere

Look at it from Palmer's point of view. Seven-year contract on big bucks. The lad is made for life, whether he remains a first-team regular or not. It's probable he will get lots of starts for Chelsea, so even from a football point of view, the move makes sense for him.

City essentially could not give him what he wanted. He was not up for 'doing a Foden' and being patient. So the decision must have been easy, both for City and for him.

Too good to rot in the reserves not good enough to get regular first team football at the best club in the world. Essence of Sancho ability wise without the ego. Hope he learns his trade in this country and comes back or becomes a star elsewhere
Yep Definitely an attitude problem but I trust Pep Congrats on his 3 pens that me or you could have scored Or missed granted but you know what I mean

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.