PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Fortunately we attach no weight to the opinions of members of the British press. Henry Winter has since contributed to the club's official website, thereby demonstrating that we spend little time fretting over what people think about our decision to pay for strong legal representation.

There are days when I think that the club should be suing people to within an inch of their lives, but whilst it annoys me that they seldom defend the club in public, deep down I think their policy is right. We will keep calm, keep our counsel, and when the time is right, we'll act accordingly.
I tend to agree with that. If we are found largely innocent, Khaldoon should call for an end to the libels. If they don’t stop, we could make an example of one of them pour encourager les autres. We won’t need to become litigious.

If the reports that our case will take ages to hear are accurate then it is likely that a gvmt regulator will be in place before any decision is reached. I like to believe in our CEO and, if the club are confident in the ‘irrefutable evidence’ then we will get a fair hearing with independent oversight.

Some posters need to calm down a tad. The stakes are enormous here (and not just for us but for the whole country) and some suggested punishments ridiculous.

Jerks like the wifebeater make money from their extreme views because people react to sensational opinions and headlines. It also makes them feel better about their own and their clubs inadequacies.

My personal view is that this is a Hail Mary type throw from the Prem Lge to show that they are tough enough to govern the sport and prepared to take the hard line. If the powers are wrested away from them they will be able to say ‘ah but look how we punished Everton. We were ready to go in hard on others (see Arab) but we were stopped.’

It also shows up the arbitrary nature of punishments and in my previous working world lack of consistency leaves massive gaps for those who appeal to drive into. I would bet on reduced punishment following appeal.

Finally how can Leeds and Southampton sue. It bonkers thinking. The only club that could possibly construct a case is Leicester as they finished 18th.

Her call for the regulator urgently tells you everything. She knows.
Yup, summat stinks to high heaven regarding this.

So three major things have happened this week.

1. Independent Football Regulator announced.

2. City announced world record football revenues.

3. Everton spanked for being £6.5m per season over the FFP limit during COVID.

When laid out like this, it'll be awe-inspiring to some, & piss boiling to others.

It's not lost on me that the two times the government have announced an independent football regulator, almost immediately the PL announce their intention to hammer a club for FFP breaches.

Coincidence? 乁⁠(⁠ ⁠•⁠_⁠•⁠ ⁠)⁠ㄏ

According to the football financial expert on Sly if they had gone down this route they would have been fine apparently, it's the fact that the money used was deemed to be the owners money, which as we know is a no no.
That just shows what a farce it all is: spend your own money and get done for it, spend somebody else’s and it’s fine.

He doesn't know what we've done, none of these morons do. They all think we got of at CAS cause everything was time barred and now were done for as nothing is time barred. They literally know nothing about it other than the number 115.
Which are not actually 115. Probably 5 at best because most of them are either trivial or replicated. Our allegations are nothing like Everton's. They admitted their misdemeanour we've denied everything.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.