Everton Thread - 2023/24

Profitability and Sustainability Rules (PSR) are intended to ensure a clubs profitability and sustainability. Unintentionally it would seem, Everton breached those rules. Consequently they are being deducted 10 points. How does this ensure profitability and sustainability?

our owners and our current situation is a completely different discussion and I made no comment about that.

Your point about Jack Walker getting away with it because he was white ignored the fact that there were no rules by which to judge him, and that would have been the same whether he was white, black or skyblue bloody pink. I didn't "choose" anything, you chose to make it about race when race was irrelevant because no rules were in place.
You choose not to make it about race or maybe culture but I think the rules were brought in for precise reasons maybe subconsciously. No rules for Edwards, Moore's, the pools, walker, Abramovitch. Lo and behold in 2008 the football world needs financial rules I should have possibly made this clearer in my first post.

So the rumours doing the rounds that the independent commission consisted of the below people, all employed by the PL. Not sure whats 'independent' about this

Richard Masters - say no more
Emma Wilkinson - ex Chelsea head of comms under Abramovich.
Nick Igoe - Finance Director at West Ham during the Tevez affair.
Ross Christie
I had no idea who Nick Igoe was until about 10 minutes ago:

Accusing us of not planning properly by banking on player sales to reduce debt. Isnt that how most teams make money, player trading?

Forgive Everton for not forecasting Covid, a Russian invasion and our record signing being accused of being a nonce.
Who was the player, sorry for my ignorance

Gylfi. Our record signing who was suspended due to a police investigation. We could have sued him but didnt due to his mental welfare. £45m down the drain.
Thanks I somehow never heard of this or totally forgot about it

Exactly. Outrageous.

Hit us with 3, 4 or even 6. Possibly a suspended 10 points but fucking hell that is extreme.
I reckon it will be (should be) halved on appeal with the rest suspended.
I remember Spurs getting 12 point deduction in the 90s. So all this ‘record’ 10 points is nonsense.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.