PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

I mean let’s be fair to UEFA (and I don’t say that often), it’s very possible that they could’ve had some success with the allegations ultimately deemed time barred - UEFA and their very experienced and respected lawyers argued that time barring was not appropriate and CAS ultimately ruled against them.

That UEFA couldn’t uphold their case doesn’t by default mean there wasn’t at least at some level a case to answer.

Similarly, we all want to believe that the PL just threw this all out to stop the leaked imminent announcement of an Independent Regulator, and are just continuing the process and committing tens of millions of £££ in legal fees as a cheeky punt to appease the American owners but it doesn’t pass a ‘balance of probabilities’ smell test.

Clearly the PL and its legal team believe they have something convincing. Clearly the external team taking it on believe they have enough to land the charges - even with the millions of £££ on offer, these are super respected guys who won’t want to make themselves or their chambers a laughing stock by pushing a high profile case with nothing supporting it.

City will I’m sure be cautiously optimistic that they can show that the charges are if not completely disproved, then immaterial (ie £1m to Mancini when the club was already making insane losses), but clearly the claims that City are extremely bullish and believe the whole thing is a done deal are bollocks. No lawyer ever underestimates the lottery of a court case even with what they believe to be irrefutable evidence.
I’m sorry but UEFA charged us and then found us guilty and banned us….
All the time knowing they were doing this against their own time barring rules.
So the governing body chose to ignore their own rules and ‘try it on’
That is outrageous and for any other club serious questions would be asked of uefa
Add to that it was found for the other charges they didn’t actually have any credible evidence
It was a joke then and it’s a joke now

He doesn’t have to tell anyone he’s nailed them & even when the cunts been nailed they’ll be thinking where did that come from…..

Have a look back over the last 15 years & you may see the pattern.
Upon being cleared, i'm envisaging a scene like the end of the Godfather... Mansour, Kaldoon etc. in an office, whilst the Rags, Liverpool, Arsenel, Spurs etc. are raided

I never got my head around the Tevez affair.

West Ham loaned him from Agent… illegal

We bought him from Agent…. Legal

So what the fuck did the Rags do?
Officially, West Ham ‘bought’ Tevez and Mascherano from Joorabchian for £0, but would have to pay £25m to obtain the right to sell Tevez on.

United loaned him from West Ham.

All in all it became a total farce that the Pl had to fudge together as everyone was fucked once the original transfer was approved.

You get the feeling that some of them are still stuck on ‘the sheik will get bored and walk away’ idea, and if they accuse him and his club of all sorts of dodgy things (well, you know what these foreign types are like)then that will speed his departure and all their problems will simply go away with him.
A massive misjudgement and miscalculation which they have landed themselves with due to their total failure to understand how men like SM and Khaldoon operate.
Its not the first time fear and loathing has led to irrational decisions being made.
I definitely think when the charges were announced there was a feeling that Pep might walk away, but they got that one badly wrong too !

It’d barely make a difference. People around the world would still tune in. IMHO
I'm sure La Liga thought the same at one point...
This is hubris on the Premier League's part... and a lot of fans too! They think the PL brand is United and Liverpool... look at Scudamore's comments, but the strength of the PL is the quality of the rest of the league. That's why leagues like La Liga and the Bundesliga are not as popular - because, despite all the stars on show (Spain particularly back in the day) nobody will have much interest when they know the same team's will win every season.
Enforce the FFP and punish us and Chelsea then the PL will be won by either United, Liverpool or Arsenal every year... which, as we know, is what they really want out of all this!

Similarly, we all want to believe that the PL just threw this all out to stop the leaked imminent announcement of an Independent Regulator, and are just continuing the process and committing tens of millions of £££ in legal fees as a cheeky punt to appease the American owners but it doesn’t pass a ‘balance of probabilities’ smell test.

This is one thing I could never get my head around. The White Paper was largely about (inter alia) improving the owners tests, preventing clubs being liquidated, protecting community assets and improving the game for the spectators and fans.

How are we supposed to believe the PL is showing it can self-regulate by imposing sporting sanctions in terms of deducted points, and allowing other clubs to claim compensation, which will very possibly lead to liquidation and a further points deduction and the very outcome the White Paper wants to avoid?

All they are doing is showing that they can be tough applying FFP even if their sanctions are detrimental to the club, the community asset and the spectators and fans.

I don't get that argument. It's like a Willie Donachie own goal ..... In fact, it's like the PL are doing the best they can to cause outrage in the football world, showing they can't regulate the game properly, and giving certain clubs the reason to consider a different league. Oh, hang on a minute .....

On your other points, I don't really care about Mancini (well I do, I loved the guy when he was here, but you know what I mean), it's immaterial. Etisalat was explained in the CAS decision pretty comprehensively - I don't see any significant issue there. The image rights weren't time barred, iirc, they just didn't charge the club for anything to do with it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.