PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

You wouldn't have thought so, but this is pretty much what UEFA did, so it's not beyond the realms of possibility. Never underestimate the stupidity of football administrators.
I mean let’s be fair to UEFA (and I don’t say that often), it’s very possible that they could’ve had some success with the allegations ultimately deemed time barred - UEFA and their very experienced and respected lawyers argued that time barring was not appropriate and CAS ultimately ruled against them.

That UEFA couldn’t uphold their case doesn’t by default mean there wasn’t at least at some level a case to answer.

Similarly, we all want to believe that the PL just threw this all out to stop the leaked imminent announcement of an Independent Regulator, and are just continuing the process and committing tens of millions of £££ in legal fees as a cheeky punt to appease the American owners but it doesn’t pass a ‘balance of probabilities’ smell test.

Clearly the PL and its legal team believe they have something convincing. Clearly the external team taking it on believe they have enough to land the charges - even with the millions of £££ on offer, these are super respected guys who won’t want to make themselves or their chambers a laughing stock by pushing a high profile case with nothing supporting it.

City will I’m sure be cautiously optimistic that they can show that the charges are if not completely disproved, then immaterial (ie £1m to Mancini when the club was already making insane losses), but clearly the claims that City are extremely bullish and believe the whole thing is a done deal are bollocks. No lawyer ever underestimates the lottery of a court case even with what they believe to be irrefutable evidence.

Exactly. Not
They did fail the PL rule that says you have to comply with UEFA FFP though.

They did fail the PL rule that says you have to comply with UEFA FFP though.
Exactly. Not enough said about it though. To be consistent the PL must investigate and charge. Even if it's a so called minor breach it's still a breach. Even a fine of £20 would suffice to tar their goody good image. The gutter press would ignore it though.

Think if we get nailed on anything it'll be the Mancini stuff or similarly minor charges, and it'll be impossible to argue that relegation is an appropriate punishment.

The really serious stuff that could lead to expulsion - I don't see how it could be proven that we did it. It's like the moon landing: much harder to fake and keep quiet than to do legitimately.

It’d barely make a difference. People around the world would still tune in. IMHO

City are one of the most watched teams around the world now. City vs United, Liverpool and Arsenal are blockbuster matches. You wouldn’t want to lose those if you had the tv rights.

Clearly the PL and its legal team believe they have something convincing. Clearly the external team taking it on believe they have enough to land the charges - even with the millions of £££ on offer, these are super respected guys who won’t want to make themselves or their chambers a laughing stock by pushing a high profile case with nothing supporting it.
Oh I don’t know, didn’t Pannick defend Boris Johnson?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.