Liverpool (H) | PL | Post Match Thread

And yet at this point last season, when we had both Gundogan and Mahrez, we were behind Arsenal in the league, three points worse off after 13 games, and had just dropped points at home to Everton and lost to Brentford. Considering the level of upheaval the squad has had this summer just gone, considering how many new lads we're having to blood in, and considering KDB, Jack, and Johnny Stones have all been missing/unfit, we're doing very well.

Yes, perspective is very important. I don't mind admitting that at this time last season I was doom mongering that it just wasn't a title winning team. Humble pie.

Yes, perspective is very important. I don't mind admitting that at this time last season I was doom mongering that it just wasn't a title winning team. Humble pie.
Same. Last season taught me more than the previous 25 years of watching City.

That’s because football fans only remember the things that go against their team.

Ederson vs Bellingham?

That was a fucking stupid decision too, there have been a few in Europe that are baffling compared to the physical play normally preferred in the Premier League. The European handball rules are all over the place depending on the nationality of the referee too.
Do you have a photographic memory of games to dredge up stuff like this or just have a folder of borderline decisions that have gone City's way saved on your computer?

That was a fucking stupid decision too, there have been a few in Europe that are baffling compared to the physical play normally preferred in the Premier League. The European handball rules are all over the place depending on the nationality of the referee too.
Do you have a photographic memory of games to dredge up stuff like this or just have a folder of borderline decisions that have gone City's way saved on your computer?
I just did a quick Google search.

Frustrated we couldn’t score the second, but that’s football.

Bernie and Roderi were excellent and Akanji looked better in the Stones role than before.

They’re not an elite side, so we should finish above them.

Their fans were shite. Not a peep out of them until they scored.
My brother turned to me after their goal as said he forget their fans were actually there. They were very quiet.

Back home and reflecting on the game. If I'm being honest then neither side looked like champion material today but we had chances to win it so I'm disappointed.

The lack of numbers we have is definitely a concern as I'd say we have three squad players who are going to offer a collective nothing, Phillips, Gomez and Nunes, whilst Kovacic seems to be a bit of a sick note. I don't see us doing much in the market in January other than sending Phillips out on loan so we are going to have to hope for much better luck with injuries than we've had to date.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.