The End of on Street Parking within walking distance of the Etihad

I can't think of any valid reason to stop motorists parking on empty roads which are clearly not residential like Clayton Lane and numerous others. The public transport system currently cant cope with the ammount of people that use it without those that currently park on streets. So with the added pressure of those that are forced off the roads and the new arena it has no chance in future. What is the Councils plan for this?? Has any thought gone into this?
Yes - kerrrrrrching we're missing a chance to rinse people.
I like Andy Burnham and his ideals, but he and the council have got this badly wrong

Yes - kerrrrrrching we're missing a chance to rinse people.
I like Andy Burnham and his ideals, but he and the council have got this badly wrong
Why couldn’t they just put parking meters there instead of yellow lines in the none res areas!? Council could make dosh and some folk could park. Win win. Burnham needs to sort the public transport out, it is embarrassingly shite.

Start of year, Sheffield Street car park was £3.80 for 24 hours. A few weeks later, it was £5 for 8 hours, £8 for 24 hours. Now, it's £6.50 for 8 hours, £9 for 24 hours.
Jeeze, that car park was always one of the more reasonably priced. Not any more.

Manchester is far busier now. All those apartments in town etc. I went through Victoria on Saturday on the train and there was construction everywhere. With extra seats and a new concert venue to come, it’s only going to get worse without a radical solution. Andy Burnham and his mates don’t have it.

I don’t know what time the curfew will be at the new venue but most I ever went to finished at 11pm.
Guns and Roses were lucky to start by that time and the M.E.N. Which I assume doesn't have the same strict restrictions as the RAH.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.