Atmosphere - 2023/24

• Thread starter Deleted member 77198
  • Start date
I’m mid 30s. My generation will have paid more into the pot than any generation ever and all we’ve got to show for it is broken public services, a dysfunctional and unfit for purpose NHS, tens of thousands of pounds student debt and a retirement age that by the time we are in our 60s will probably be older than average life expectancy.

This country is a fucking shithole.

Sorry, maybe I should’ve posted this in the politics thread haha!
I sympathise,my son is 16 and by the time his retirement comes about,he'll have paid more than you and your generation.

The Bridge is exactly like that and you get shouted down by some idiot if you try to stand up and raise the atmosphere yourself.

The onus should really be on the club to help harness a good atmosphere. There are enough fans at every club who, if put together, could create a loud and intimidating atmosphere. Find a way separate young fans who want to stand and sing all game from the old farts who have done their time to be fair and just want to enjoy the game and the tourists who are just there for a day out and aren't actually fans of the team.

The Bridge just gets loud and rocky for certain games now. Arsenal and City at home this season were brilliant but the rest of the time it's genuinely pathetic how muted and quiet the ground is and the infuriating thing the solution is so simple.
Or, its probably like at City it's the older generation that forms the "core" support and most of the time they just want to sit, watch the match and be entertained as do the ever increasing influx of tourists. It's only the big games that they feel up to it and want to get involved in the singing.

Watched Newcastle v the Rags last night.
OK, it was against United. The Geordies hate United. It was a Saturday night match, so the Geordies would have been on the beer all day. It was a good to great atmosphere throughout the match. One difference stood out between our home support and Newcastle's home support. Throughout the match Newcastle fans in all 4 stands joined in the singing and supporting the team constantly. The support and noise was coming from all 4 stands. The songs/chants may have started in Newcastle's singing sections, but they quickly spread to the other stands with fans actively standing up and joining in the songs/chants.

Hopefully we'll do something similar today. Spurs at home, late-ish kick off, fans on the beer, and a coach welcoming.

Atmosphere should take care of itself tonight, I bet the press won't have half as many atmosphere based questions afterwards

Suggested walking to the stadium to my son earlier, 5.5 miles from our house,he declined as most kids would i suppose !
So I'm starting on it now, I'll be up for some atmosphere by 4.30pm
Up the Blues.

Suggested walking to the stadium to my son earlier, 5.5 miles from our house,he declined as most kids would i suppose !
So I'm starting on it now, I'll be up for some atmosphere by 4.30pm
Up the Blues.
Your in charge of a child and starting drinking at 11.10 in the morning ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.