The Title Race - 2023/24

How many points will be needed to win the league?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
We always pick up form in the new year. Not excusing last nights performance (or the performances of the last few weeks) but once our key players are back it will be different. To say that we are out of the race in December when a lot of the teams around us still have to play each other is premature in my opinion. We have come back from much worse situations.

Still not worried if I were a City fan. As long as you're within 10 points reach of us or Liverpool, then you'll still win it. Ill put a bet on when the odds are best for you guys winning the league and CL this year.
I have a couple colleagues at work (liverpool and arsenal fan) that are coming out with the exact same lines. I think supporters on the outside just say this as its happened before, and it helps take the pressure off.

Win the club World Cup finish in champs league place and win the champs league will be an excellent season but that's the spoilt me! Other team like the klopps team can have shit seasons as in win naff all finish outside the top four and media don't say a word!

So just champs league position this season with all that's going on with players out injured players who have left plus new players not settled would be an acceptable season! We allowed to have a transition season surly?

hunger is a big question, after a treble win many players can feel they are done. what bigger thing they can win after a treble...

are we just as hungry to do it again?

another thing Pep used pretty well is the PL charges that galvanized us as a club, team, fans, players.

we were generally much better after the charges than before it.

if the hunger and desire is not there 100% that will cost us points for sure, it already did maybe...

Look, there's no way of glossing over it. We were outthought, and outfought last night. Right through the match apart from about the first five minutes.
Anybody throwing in the towel, writing us off in early December, because we're six points behind, though — have you actually watched this team over the last five years?

Win the club World Cup finish in champs league place and win the champs league will be an excellent season but that's the spoilt me! Other team like the klopps team can have shit seasons as in win naff all finish outside the top four and media don't say a word!

So just champs league position this season with all that's going on with players out injured players who have left plus new players not settled would be an acceptable season! We allowed to have a transition season surly?
It's sometimes I find myself thinking i want us to win less for us winning it more that I don't want the others to win it, not the best reasoning. We can't win it every year though and if we don't this year I'm really okay with it, think we will though :)

It's obviously going to be tough to win it but worth noting that the bookies still have us as favourites.
Let's not give up before Christmas!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.