Atmosphere - 2023/24

• Thread starter Deleted member 77198
  • Start date
As far as I'm concerned whinging about tourists is just making excuses. There always still at a very minimum what... 25k season ticket holders in the ground? That's if 5-10k return. If 25k can't take care of the atmosphere then we have to take responsibility for that not blame tourists. As many have said the Real Madrid semi was the most tourists we've ever had... And one of the best atmospheres ever... Time to get introspective!
Spot on mate

I’m in 115 and the atmosphere used to be a lot of singing and a bit of banter with away fans, and generally good natured.

It’s increasingly becoming full of coked up little twats who are just out to try and kick off, which ironically means there’s less singing, but a very vocal minority of cunts being cunts.

That and at the spurs game I heard the first example of racist chanting I’ve ever heard at the footy, from a blue.

I’m relocating next season, cant be doing with it anymore.

Seems to have changed a lot post Covid. Maybe it’s me, as before Covid going to the game was a major part of my life and now if I’m honest it just isn’t, I’ve got lots of other hobbies and going to City is just one of them.

Reactions: PPT
I’m in 115 and the atmosphere used to be a lot of singing and a bit of banter with away fans, and generally good natured.

It’s increasingly becoming full of coked up little twats who are just out to try and kick off, which ironically means there’s less singing, but a very vocal minority of cunts being cunts.

That and at the spurs game I heard the first example of racist chanting I’ve ever heard at the footy, from a blue.

I’m relocating next season, cant be doing with it anymore.

Seems to have changed a lot post Covid. Maybe it’s me, as before Covid going to the game was a major part of my life and now if I’m honest it just isn’t, I’ve got lots of other hobbies and going to City is just one of them.
you can have my seat in the Gods ...............I'll share their coke. Need something to get me going.

Don’t know if anyone listened to the Bluemoon podcast week. The Luton fan previewing the game was asked what could City expect at Kenilworth Rd. “A lot of noise and an atmosphere” he said and he went on to relate how “absolutely terrible “ the atmosphere was at every PL ground he’d been to this season.

Nice chap he was and I kind of felt sorry for him. He and his club have been on this amazing journey over the last few years with the elusive prize of the PL at the end of the rainbow - and he finally gets here expecting it to be amazing and he realises it’s sanitised shite.

The PL have stolen our game. We’re suckers. They’ve used our money to line their pockets and those of the players and taken away all the fun.

I used to mock a couple of lads I knew who went down the FC United path, I thought they were mental. Tbh if City had an equivalent now I’d probably do the same.

Don’t know if anyone listened to the Bluemoon podcast week. The Luton fan previewing the game was asked what could City expect at Kenilworth Rd. “A lot of noise and an atmosphere” he said and he went on to relate how “absolutely terrible “ the atmosphere was at every PL ground he’d been to this season.

Nice chap he was and I kind of felt sorry for him. He and his club have been on this amazing journey over the last few years with the elusive prize of the PL at the end of the rainbow - and he finally gets here expecting it to be amazing and he realises it’s sanitised shite.

The PL have stolen our game. We’re suckers. They’ve used our money to line their pockets and those of the players and taken away all the fun.

I used to mock a couple of lads I knew who went down the FC United path, I thought they were mental. Tbh if City had an equivalent now I’d probably do the same.
There’s Maine Road FC.

I will stick with City but you can watch Maine Road for free with an OSC membership card.

There’s Maine Road FC.

I will stick with City but you can watch Maine Road for free with an OSC membership card.
Yeah I’ve been chatting in the Maine Road FC thread, looking forward to attending a match there soon, largely inspired by my annoyance at the sanitisation, cost and VAR.

I’m incapable of giving up City cos it’s like a drug, but I’ll at least mix and match.

Last edited:
I got in 110 a few times and it was usually pretty good. A real shame to read this kind of thing too often.

Since moving to 115 and to the official singing section I’ve often thought about moving back to 110 if any seats became available? Sadly 111, 110 and 109 aren’t the same as they used to be.

3 stands sit in complete silence every game. That’s the fault of our supporters which I totally agree.

However, the people running the club ( not blaming Soriano as there are people that will be far more hands on for Matchday stuff than he is ) are to blame as they have done nothing whatsoever for a number of years to engage supporters.

In fact they have decided to do the exact opposite.

It’s the clubs fault they roll out the red carpet for tourists, neutrals and fans of other clubs at the expense of long term supporters.

It’s the clubs fault that games sold out in August magically have hundreds of empty seats in December.

It’s the clubs fault that fans of other clubs are sitting amongst us every week.

It’s the clubs fault that away games are filled with corporate guests and international guests with no interest in City and even fans of the away team.

it’s the clubs fault they set up the sham City Matters forum then ignore everything that is raised but happy that a few boxes have been ticked.

They could sort out many of these problems very quickly but they don’t give a fuck about us.

Bang on...I am in the front centre section of CBL3 and I sing - alone - all game and have done since the Etihad opened - but around me, 20 year+ season ticket holders are silent, not helped by every other seat being filled by a tourist.

It is not one single group, it's a combination of some of our supporters and the Club frankly not giving a shit.

I would add just one gripe to @Prophet of Doom's list: the amount of tourists who get away tickets - I am going to Luton tomorrow, and I know I will be surrounded by half and half tourists with me in the away end. Let's hope I am wrong.

Bang on...I am in the front centre section of CBL3 and I sing - alone - all game and have done since the Etihad opened - but around me, 20 year+ season ticket holders are silent, not helped by every other seat being filled by a tourist.

It is not one single group, it's a combination of some of our supporters and the Club frankly not giving a shit.

I would add just one gripe to @Prophet of Doom's list: the amount of tourists who get away tickets - I am going to Luton tomorrow, and I know I will be surrounded by half and half tourists with me in the away end. Let's hope I am wrong.
The tourists getting away tickets doesn't sit well with me way more, because I don't see how the club benefits from it.

This club that grosses hundreds of millions a year, decides that its good business to make an quick extra few thousand by completely stabbing their core fans in the back.

If someone could explain this to me I'd appreciate it, because it genuinely doesn't make any logical sense to me.

It'd be like having a business that makes £70 million per year, and deciding to sell your own wife just to make it £71 million a year. It doesn't make sense.

Maine Road FC play in Chorlton. I’ve been a few times.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.