United Thread - 2023/24

Excellent post, sir. Excellent.

I haven't discussed football with any rag fan for a long, long time now, and I have no intention of changing that in the foreseeable future. They have joined the dippers and become social pariahs in my mind, collectively persona-non-grata.

I've got Arsenal fans, Spurs fans, and a couple of Brighton season ticket holders living near me that I talk to periodically: decent people, genuine fans who know their stuff - particularly about their own clubs.
They never give me stick about 'oil-money,' or Arabs, or anything that might cause offence. To a man they've said the same thing regarding our takeover: "Wish it had been us."
The contrast with the plastic rags I see now again is amazing. They've never been to the swamp, never actually seen the players in real life, just Sly/MotD etc. They know nothing about the rags' history prior to the Pisscan's arrival, they had never heard about the dodgy meat, or the looking-under-toilet-doors thing. One of them admitted he'd never even heard of Gordon McQueen - and this man is in his early 60's. You don't expect all supporters to know everything about their chosen club, but you'd think they would have at least a working knowledge of the clubs' history and some of their star players' names.

I no longer have the patience to talk football with these people. It's utterly futile.
Yes it was a very good post which hit the nail on the head with so many points...
This will be City in another 15 or 20 years if the success continues as it has done.. these gloryhunter.. Out of Town and. Foreign leeches will suck the life out of your local fanbase like it did with United and Liverpool before.. its enevitable.. it will only end one way.. it’s called the price of success..

I've obviously missed something, but why do the ex rags and their supporter podcasts continually refer to themselves by their full title rather than just "United"?

I can understand when Neville or Ferdinand are on National TV, but I've just watched the ex hooligan Tony O'Neill (who sounds surprisingly mature and articulate) being interviewed by his Son (who sounds like he's on commission for every time he calls them "Manchester United") on a You Tube podcast that's obviously aimed at the rags fanbase
It actually gets quite irritating, and even in the comments section, people are asking why he doesn't just call them "United"

I've obviously missed something, but why do the ex rags and their supporter podcasts continually refer to themselves by their full title rather than just "United"?

I can understand when Neville or Ferdinand are on National TV, but I've just watched the ex hooligan Tony O'Neill (who sounds surprisingly mature and articulate) being interviewed by his Son (who sounds like he's on commission for every time he calls them "Manchester United") on a You Tube podcast that's obviously aimed at the rags fanbase
It actually gets quite irritating, and even in the comments section, people are asking why he doesn't just call them "United"
It's because they're not actually from Manchester

They want to hold on the myth that they are "manchester" united even though they only play once in Manchester per season.

More worrying is that any blue is watching united podcasts on YouTube.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.