United Thread - 2023/24

Speaking as a foreign leech (who fell in love with the club during Keegan because I love the city of Manchester and City were basically the runt no one wanted in the pet shop window), and speaking as one who's probably been to more City matches over there than 80% of UK Utd fans have been to the swamp (though I'd only need one for that percentage to be right TBF), may I just say this:

No one will EVER make a rag film version of the Jimmy Grimble story.

My view is that the air of the underdog is part of City's heritage, part of what local grand-dads and dads drilled into their kids. And it will be passed on by those enjoying today's success to their kids and to their kids too. I submit local City fans won't ever get too big for their britches. And that's in part because we are all witnessing the humiliation of the supremely arrogant in real time.

Typical City will survive us all. Sic gloria transit mundi. City fans have always known that; Utd fans during the Ferguson era never did, which is why -- a decade on -- idiot fuckstick talking heads who discuss the sport still sputter, "But . . . but . . . but . . . this is Manchester United we're talking about!"
Fookin fantastic post...this is IT...It's why I became a City fan ...

Definitely something going on with this “Manchester United” malarkey. Why would Paul Scholes, a United fan from Salford, suddenly stop referring to them as “United” like he probably has done all his life?
He is from Oldham I think, who was an Oldham supporter. Happy to be corrected if I am wrong

He is from Oldham I think, who was an Oldham supporter. Happy to be corrected if I am wrong
Oldham supporter, you’re right. Sure he’s from Salford though. My point remains that as long as he’s been a pundit, he’s called them Inited but it seems like a memo has gone out to all media outlets this season to calm them Manchester United at all times.

Oldham supporter, you’re right. Sure he’s from Salford though. My point remains that as long as he’s been a pundit, he’s called them Inited but it seems like a memo has gone out to all media outlets this season to calm them Manchester United at all times.
I thought Chadderton way, but wouldn’t put money on that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.