Crystal Palace PL (H) Post match thread

How can anyone boo off our team? Please can someone explain that to me?
Treble winners, 3 PL titles in 5 years. More trophies in the past few years than we saw in 30 odd years. Did they cheat today, did they deliberately injure an opposition player? Did they do something I didn’t hear about?
Thank you
Puzzled and Bewildered from the Principality of Eccles.
I assumed they were booing the ref. Not the players or Pep.

Can you believe it was only a few months ago that city lifted the champions league? What an achievement.

I have accepted the ups and downs of this season. Reacting while watching the game is always more raw. I hope the blip dosent last too long. The players and coach and the key figures behind the scene will only get a pass for so long. That’s the price of success which they have all played equally important roles.

The league is of course not over until it’s over but it ain’t looking great. The players need to try and do better in all aspects. Some of them get more of a pass depending on their past contributions.

I have to say tho, having city back to being inconsistent is nostalgic-:)

The blue machine will rise again. I am intrigued as to how the great man will try to fix the issues. He will protect this group but he also won’t be happy the longer it goes on. Some hard truths will need to be told and those not able or capable to ride again will need to move on.

Our divine right to rule is not who we are. Leave that to the red shite. Try to fix the problems and go again.

City is back baby -:)

Pep is pep and he never uses the subs as a tactic change, maybe he feels like a player coming off the bench needs time to get up to the speed of the game,

Today was City of 2023/24 and you could smell/see trouble happening, we started clock-watching and counting down the minutes. We seem to be happy to defend and pass the ball around instead of looking to kill the game off and try to score another goal, But I will say one thing when City make a mistake it's always punished big time, we have had no lady luck by a bad finish or a glaring missing by the others who seem ruthless

Look we are not a million miles away from normal and City can click in an instant and somebody is getting a bashing.
A wounded animal is a very dangerous thing
I think you’re right. Certain teams know they’ve nothing to lose and will sit deep and wait for a mistake - that’s their trigger.

It’s all such fine margins. If the ball had gone dead and the Stones sub could’ve been made then their 2nd doesn’t happen, the break in play, a shift in set up would’ve covered it.

I’ve been sat here 5000miles away, stewing on it, pissed off all day given it’s a morning kick off for me and I’ve thought a lot about whether we just get caught in no man’s land and don’t know whether to go for the kill or to simply see off a game.

But then have come to the conclusion that it’s hard to open up a team so deep, but with powerful athletes and a lot harder than we as supporters think and that this run of fixtures, Palace included, has been the biggest problem. It’s been hard to build momentum and a pattern of play.

I’ve now had a few beers, and fuck it, we’re not far off the top, nobody looks invincible, we will never give in. And to those who say the club World Cup is tin pot, fuck off, I would love to see that badge on our shirt.

Sick of hearing that City will put a run together of 20 wins together in the new year because they always do.
Not with this teams mentality we won’t
Eventually these things stop

Treble winners, 3 PL titles in 5 years. More trophies in the past few years than we saw in 30 odd years. Did they cheat today, did they deliberately injure an opposition player? Did they do something I didn’t hear about?
Thank you
Price of success. It’s a cut throat business at the top. The more success the more is demanded but also you don’t want too much complacency. The people in charge will be working hard to get it fixed.

The level is set and although unrealistic we must try to reach them again.

Thank you
It's simple. In the seasons we won trophies we paid our money to watch it happen and rejoiced.
In the 30 years before success, we did nearly the same. We watched and lamented.
We moaned when we were shit because we paid for that privilege. And today, we played shit and we are well within our rights to moan about it.
There is a supplier/customer bargain that happens. We pay for a service and the supplier supplies it. If the quality is not what we expect for the cost paid then we make our displeasure heard.
Too many fans get caught up in the dilemma of calling out the club like it is a family member.... it is not!

Pep doesn't rate or trust half of that bench today, Bobb should've come on at some point and probably Nunes for a bit more drive. Don't know what Pep was playing at re subs again
Would that
What did you do at the end? Did you clap them off?
So it’s ok to boo the treble winners off when we drew at home to Fulham? I’ve supported City for 50 years and have never booed City . Maybe Swear a bit, shake head , go and a get pissed. But never booed and would be back next week. Thought about booing when we lost at Mansfield Town , then remembered we once won European cup winners cup.

Thank you
That is all in the past and everyone's pissed off that we have bottled a win after our already shit run of form in the past several weeks. What do you want people to be buzzing about?
Thousands have spent a small fortune this weekend with Christmas next week and that's what the players have delivered.

Some home truths need to be said in the dressing room, it's getting tiring with the same old comments from the same faces.

17 points dropped in 10 games is not going to cut it.

We didn't recruit as well as we should have given who we lost and it was possibly nailed on despite the soundbites from senior players that there was going to be a let down of sorts.

We probably need around 50 points from our remaining 21 games to be in with a shout and this season albeit one would expect Aston Villa to drop off as the season progresses there are two teams that we will have to chase this time and that might be too much.

We have already dropped more points at home in 8 games than we did for the whole of last season and I cannot see us matching our away record of last season.

Every dynasty comes to an end and 7 titles in 12 seasons is by any measure just that.

With some decent recruiting we are more than capable of climbing the mountain again.

You can't write us off until the maths says otherwise by we just haven't looked like champions for a considerable chunk of the season.

To finish on a slightly positive note we are one point behind our tally at the same time last season despite going 3-4-3 in our last 10 and failing to win in our last 3 home games.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.