Do the Royal Family care about Harry?

One of my arguments against hereditary monarchy is that it forces the members of that family to live unnaturally. It's almost a recipe for mental illness.

You live much of your life in a goldfish bowl where the wankers in the press dissect your every move. They photograph you endlessly and chase after you if you dare have an interest in a member of the opposite, maybe fucking the relationship if the other person can't cope with the hassle. If you're a woman, they discuss how you dress, what hairstyle you have, the fucking lot. Your life is set out for you. Public boarding school, uni (whether you have the aptitude or not), armed services (whether you have the inclination or not) then a lifetime of cutting ribbons, eating lunches and dinners with assorted boring cunts, making speeches but not being allowed to say anything of significance. If, for example, you think the government are a bunch of corrupt, callous scumbags, you have to keep it to yourself. You have to be a patron of charities whether you give a shit or not. You have to do certain things that are expected of you, whether you can be arsed or not. It's all part of the job, and you better have the right face on too, even if you think what you're attending is a pile of shite.

Ok, it's well-paid. Very well-paid. And you get a lot of deference if you're into that sort of thing. (I'm the sort of person who dislikes being called 'sir' by a waiter, but I know some folk enjoy being toadied to.)

So, Harry opted out. His reward is to be treated by the press as though he's Hitler, while his woman gets slagged off like she's Messalina on steroids. All because he did not conform.
It's the barefaced and extravagant hypocrisy of slagging off the Royal Family whilst at the same time miking it for all they can. I'd have a lot more respect if they'd said from the start it wasn't the life they wanted and buggered off to America straight away. Harry could have justified it on the basis he didn't want her to sacrifice her career and wanted to support her. They could probably have lived comfortably from her earnings as an actress. Clearly a choice was made to cash in on the back story instead. Did they hang around for a few years knowing that a big family feud would sell better?

Neither side comes out looking good from it all but sadly I think we're stuck with them for a good while yet. I think there's a good chance William could be the last King. I don't think George will want the job or there will be any appetite for another monarch after William.

I see the Daily Mail are still sticking it to them, you'd have thought they'd have laid off after the last court decision.

I actually like William and Kate, William, whilst being in a privileged position (Hardly his fault) has been to see Soup kitchens, big issue sellers etc, and knows the conditions some people have to live in. He seems a decent type to me.

The rest off them are a disgrace, they can naff orff

I actually like William and Kate, William, whilst being in a privileged position (Hardly his fault) has been to see Soup kitchens, big issue sellers etc, and knows the conditions some people have to live in. He seems a decent type to me.

The rest off them are a disgrace, they can naff orff
Norman Stanley Fletcher likes this post !!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.