Everton Thread - 2023/24

Difficult to judge after losing the third, but the collapse in work rate and drop off in energy, especially in midfield, had already started at 1-2. Be a bit concerned about that if I were a supporter.

Come on fella; you're one of the better "non city" posters on here. Your mob were fairly robust tonight. Particularly Tarkowski, which surprised me. I normally rate him.
A few tasty tackles went in, a few heads got lost, Thuggery though? not sure about that?

We are clearly not on the same level class wise as City. We cannot go head to head as we would just get wiped out. We have to try and defend for our lives and hope we can get something. We had a short spell were we scored and looked good. We got brushed aside second half and the players heads went. I see it in the league every week, I see it from most teams. I see certain teams get away with all kinds, even commentators do not mention what they do. Your guys gave a couple of tackles out themselves, and yes we gave out more.

I hope you go on and win the league, and I mean that. And not because it means Liverpool will not win it, because I like City, I like a lot of people on here.

But Thugs? Come on, bit harsh.

Difficult to judge after losing the third, but the collapse in work rate and drop off in energy, especially in midfield, had already started at 1-2. Be a bit concerned about that if I were a supporter.
If City turn up every team struggles with energy levels at the end.

If City turn up every team struggles with energy levels at the end.
At the end, yes, and especially at the Etihad. However, they looked to be flagging from around the 75 minute mark. I suppose running into the wind might have taken its toll, but normally Everton keep plugging away.

A few tasty tackles went in, a few heads got lost, Thuggery though? not sure about that?

We are clearly not on the same level class wise as City. We cannot go head to head as we would just get wiped out. We have to try and defend for our lives and hope we can get something. We had a short spell were we scored and looked good. We got brushed aside second half and the players heads went. I see it in the league every week, I see it from most teams. I see certain teams get away with all kinds, even commentators do not mention what they do. Your guys gave a couple of tackles out themselves, and yes we gave out more.

I hope you go on and win the league, and I mean that. And not because it means Liverpool will not win it, because I like City, I like a lot of people on here.

I don't think I used the word "thugs", did I? I said you were robust, which you've agreed with. Yes; we did a couple of strong tackles. But, again as you acknowledged, Everton did comfortably more. Twice as many yellows as us.

Tarkowski got frustrated, lost the plot, and should probably have been booked. He committed fouls in about 4-5 places up and down the length of the pitch in the space of a few minutes, which made it look as if everyone was fouling. If the referee allows such to go unchecked, it’s a green light for all players. Wasn’t an overly aggressive game.

I don't think I used the word "thugs", did I? I said you were robust, which you've agreed with. Yes; we did a couple of strong tackles. But, again as you acknowledged, Everton did comfortably more. Twice as many yellows as us.
Nope you never said thugs. I am using that word rather than than others I have seen posted about us, they all mean the same really.

Yep, more fouls and more yellows. No surprise though as we made more fouls.

We will see it again over the weekend from many other teams. Some will get picked up on, others will be let go. Some players heads will go, some will see a red, some will have nothing done to them.

Tarkowski got frustrated, lost the plot, and should probably have been booked. He committed fouls in about 4-5 places up and down the length of the pitch in the space of a few minutes, which made it look as if everyone was fouling. If the referee allows such to go unchecked, it’s a green light for all players. Wasn’t an overly aggressive game.
Tarks did get frustrated, lost his head a bit.

Glad with the three points . Villa may have pissed us off last night but it puts them out of any sort of concern.

The resurgence starts here.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.