Everton (A) | PL | Post Match Thread

Grealish is better than doku imho. Everyone loves a shiny new toy for Christmas, so I guess the time of year is right.
Doku has been here mere months, the same argument was on here when grealish came, not good enough for the first team blah blah blah.

Pep plays with a squad not a set 11, if Pep thinks it's needed Doku will start, personally I would play Jeremy on the right and Jack on the left in the same 11

Why is it the case that the referees' assistant can flag immediately for fouls or handball etc. but not offside?
Could it be that the linesman not showing his flag immediately gives var the time to look at the incident and then to decide as to what the best outcome would be for the game.
ie red team go on to score, onside, (liner didn't raise his flag).
Blue team go on to score - offside in the build up. (Other team colours are available!)
(N.B. Perhaps I am over thinking things)
i understand the close calls but even then it saves injuries but the obvious ones are just what the

In the present climate where handball and offsides are incosistant in rule and application, this could be given or not, if everton had been in that situation they would have appealed for a pen too.

Different day, different linesman could have gone the other way and not been given.

As it stands his arm is up and he blocks the ball the linesman said it was unatural, VAR isn't needed in that instance the ref take his assistant view as correct so a penalty is the only outcome, rightly or wrongly
I really don’t get the controversy. I don’t remember any interpretation of the handball law where throwing yourself in front of a player taking a shot and blocking the ball with an outstretched arm is anything other than a penalty

I really don’t get the controversy. I don’t remember any interpretation of the handball law where throwing yourself in front of a player taking a shot and blocking the ball with an outstretched arm is anything other than a penalty
I’d like to see the rule changed to an indirect free kick in the box for accidental handballs except when it’s a shot on goal or inside the six yard box where it would be a penalty. It would get rid of all this unnatural position bullshit.

Last night was rightly a penalty, no doubt, by any rule past, present or future.

Correct.
I also don't think there's as much discussion around it in the media with any other team. But that could just be my blue paranoia.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.