Everton (A) | PL | Post Match Thread

I re-watched the second half twice now and I am convinced we wouldn't have made that come back with Haaland up front. The amount of pressure and fast sprints Phil, Bernardo, Jack and Julian particularly were exerting on Everton was like the 'old' City. And on top of that we were able to make overloads left, right and center, I don't remember when was the last time we had so many cut back attempts. Pep will need to make some serious decisions.
With Haaland in the side, we have to play to his strengths. It's why I've been saying, even if fit, I think we should stick with one from Haaland or Alvarez, & opt for the extra midfielder.

The cutback was the signature move of the false 9 Manchester City. We ditched it when Haaland arrived, but I think we must become adept at both styles.

It's why I've not been so concerned about Haaland's absence. We've started to share the goals around again, instead of all players looking to get Erling in behind opposition defences.

The fact Julian can play a No 9, then drop deep & become a No 10 or a No 8 shouldn't be sniffed at. He knitted together our creative department & attack brilliantly.

Rebecca Lowe hides her bias pretty well, but every now and then it comes through.
I remember when cancelo's home was burgled and he was attacked. She throws out that he was "allegedly a victim of a crime".
A little while later, When I think it was Bruno from the scum had his home burgled and he wasn't even present, it was quite the opposite. There was no "alleged" in her comments. It might as well have been, our hearts go out to him in these difficult times. It must weigh heavy on his mind. Surprised he's playing and all that.
I don't like how she feeds the answers to robbie mustoe, robbie Earle, and Tim Howard in her questions. Mind you, I still prefer them over the sky redtop wankfest.
I have very little, if any at all, time for her. Her totally red bias shines through at every opportunity.. However, the 2 Robbies are usually bang-on-the-money for me.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.