Football Union Threatens Legal Action

The answer is to abolish International Football, except for the World Cup. Then we could fuck off all those 'International breaks' and compress the season, allowing the players to have a decent summer break.

If they abolished the international friendlies the clubs would just find other friendlies to cash in on, any small window of opportunity and they are on it.

Within 5 years there really will be football 12 months a year and players on holiday in the season as they start to take holidays like we do.

I think its abit petty to say footballers earn 1000's aweek so shouldnt moan about the amount of games.

Yes top players are well rewarded no questions about that.

To be a top athlete every part of your life is geared to being that. People say trying do a 12hr day of manual work. Well have and my body at 60 is knackered why should we wish that on to footballers ? I've talked my lads out of doing manual work, I dont want them fucked by the time they reach 60 with properly another 10 years before they retire.

If the amount of football keeps increasing than two things will happen, more doping becomes the body cant recover quick enough on it's own. The standard of football will drop, more games will be at walking pace, fans stop going.

Non of us are professional athletes so dont really understand what it takes to remain one for 20 odd years.

Modern day pitches arent like what we played on. These modern pitches are like concrete, no give what so ever. This puts alot more strain on joints etc than the old style soil pitches.

Also I think theres to much football played. I only watch City really and hate all these meaningless international games. The standard is crap perhaps the National teams should be picked from the championship only. England have a championship level manager after all.

I have a great idea about how the Premier League could rest players.

Make club's play the EDS or youth teams at least 4 or 5 times a season as part of the 38 games season
even make it a draw system and all 20 teams get pulled out of the hat and you have to play home and away,
you could do this twice a season in international breaks or Christmas and New Year

Allow bigger registered squad sizes would be a good addition. I know homegrown players can officially go over the 20 plus registered for the PL squad but allowing more to choose from would stop players like Rodri playing over50 plus games a season

Wouldn't make a difference, we've got Kalvin and don't use him out of choice.

I think its abit petty to say footballers earn 1000's aweek so shouldnt moan about the amount of games.

Yes top players are well rewarded no questions about that.

To be a top athlete every part of your life is geared to being that. People say trying do a 12hr day of manual work. Well have and my body at 60 is knackered why should we wish that on to footballers ? I've talked my lads out of doing manual work, I dont want them fucked by the time they reach 60 with properly another 10 years before they retire.

If the amount of football keeps increasing than two things will happen, more doping becomes the body cant recover quick enough on it's own. The standard of football will drop, more games will be at walking pace, fans stop going.

Non of us are professional athletes so dont really understand what it takes to remain one for 20 odd years.

Modern day pitches arent like what we played on. These modern pitches are like concrete, no give what so ever. This puts alot more strain on joints etc than the old style soil pitches.

Also I think theres to much football played. I only watch City really and hate all these meaningless international games. The standard is crap perhaps the National teams should be picked from the championship only. England have a championship level manager after all.
"England have a championship level manager after all"

We may shortly find that out if the red shirts and spuds get their way;-)

Well I actually read the article and it doesn't say the PFA are "threatening" anything, This is what the useless PFA CEO actually said:

"I feel like we've reached a stage where people are ready to take legal action, where people are ready to take tangible action on the pitch to try to resolve it, because it's a sad state of affairs. I think it's a defeat for football when the players need to take the justice in their own hands because they don't feel protected."

A lot of thinking and feeling, not much threatening. Still, Harris got his headline. The tosser.

And, while I am at it, I see everyone is against the new CWC now that Liverpool and United aren't in the thing.
It sounds more like an official shot across the bows from all the players, rather than individual players Like Rodri & KDB complaining about the amount of games.

At this point, the players aren't saying "Unless you do A B & C, we'll do 1 2 & 3". They're merely backing up managers like Guardiola who's telling the unlistening authorities that players are at serious risk of harm because of the amount of football they're being made to play.

The players union would never have done this, unless serious discussions had taken place.

"England have a championship level manager after all"

We may shortly find that out if the red shirts and spuds get their way;-)

Talking of spuds just in the tesco with my City coat on and this spud with his spud coat on and a little lad in the shopping trolley. Says to his lad ' look that mans got some shit on his coat '

I shouldn't but I said 'pardon that's rich coming from a spud, I cant remember the last you lot won anything' at which point my wife starts pulling me away lol.

50 odd years I have walked around here in my City gear. I've got a horrible feel I will have to stop soon for my own safety :(

I remember that famous interview John Motson had with Brian Clough. One of the things Clough said is that he thinks there's too much football. That was in the 70's. God only knows what he would think now.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.