Ref Watch City Games - 2023/24

Ok, so have we established that they didn5 injure any of our players now?

The ref didn’t do much today as there wasn’t much to judge.

I’m not sure who you are mean about sarcastically applauding, but if you meant Pep, surely the ref would have sent him off, given his bias?

You’re both right, there wasn’t much to judge but he still referred in different parameters. Barge on Bernardo versus Walker or Akanji & a few others.

Same challenge where last season, we had a penalty awarded against a c Cancelo was sent off.
Yep. The referee made a call on field that was plausible. One was in the box where a player was about to shoot and the other was outside the box and wasn’t about to shoot.

Yep. The referee made a call on field that was plausible. One was in the box where a player was about to shoot and the other was outside the box and wasn’t about to shoot.

It was a foul though, he barged him from behind & impossible to conclude any other decision. All it would have meant was a free kick in a relatively safe spot & a booking so it’s not a mad conspiracy but what drives me & others mad is this high bar for fouls against City.

It’s not how the ref sees those challenges cos he gives them the other way, it’s like an unconscious bias.

It was a foul though, he barged him from behind & impossible to conclude any other decision. All it would have meant was a free kick in a relatively safe spot & a booking so it’s not a mad conspiracy but what drives me & others mad is this high bar for fouls against City.

It’s not how the ref sees those challenges cos he gives them the other way, it’s like an unconscious bias.
Of course it was a foul and there would be no chance of one of our players getting away with it.Wether it’s subconscious or not,these calls are made because this team is just too good and they want to try and even it up for whatever reason.Definitely refereed differently….

Fouls for them ridiculously throwing themselves on the floor with little contact (what happened to the alleged high bar for physical contact PGMOL told us all about?) yet overphysical shoulder barges on our players waved away as fair.

Clearly 2 different sets of rules when quantifying foul play, which is shit refereeing. He had fuck all else to do.

Ok mate. Rodri finished the game, so not sure that was much of a knock.

Has Grealish’s injury been confirmed as a hip injury?

Today’s game was about as far away from a physical battle as you can get.

I do get that people have to call the ref names after each game, but this game in particular seems bizarre.

Well, fuck me. I have to agree with you.

The only issue for me was the "shoulder charge" on BS with no free kick, but a free kick for SU when exactly the same happened the other way.

I thought SU played fairly, really. It was nice to see that they didn't get overly physical at any time, which is what normally happens when the opposition need a break. Good for them. They can stay up and some other cloggers can go down.

Happy New Year, btw.

Well, fuck me. I have to agree with you.

The only issue for me was the "shoulder charge" on BS with no free kick, but a free kick for SU when exactly the same happened the other way.

I thought SU played fairly, really. It was nice to see that they didn't get overly physical at any time, which is what normally happens when the opposition need a break. Good for them. They can stay up and some other cloggers can go down.

Happy New Year, btw.
Happy New Year to you too.

The Bernardo/Akanji barges are always given to defenders and seldom to attackers.

Same with the defenders running in front of an attacker to shield the ball and then slowing down to be “pushed” over. Free kick for a defender, booking for an attacker for initiating the contact.

I kind of agree, but as I said in my reply above this, that it’s not against City, it’s just fould defenders get and attackers do less often.

It is though for the reason you mention. It’s a safe decision.

I kind of agree, but as I said in my reply above this, that it’s not against City, it’s just fould defenders get and attackers do less often.

It is though for the reason you mention. It’s a safe decision.

I’ve said many times that we get bookings due to the space behind our defenders. Referees don’t see it as cynical if 8 players behind the offender, ours are seldom in that position. It did annoy me as there was space behind & it was cynical. Just referee according to the LOTG.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.