Ref Watch City Games - 2023/24

I’ve said many times that we get bookings due to the space behind our defenders. Referees don’t see it as cynical if 8 players behind the offender, ours are seldom in that position. It did annoy me as there was space behind & it was cynical. Just referee according to the LOTG.
It makes an attack look more promising and so any foul gets carded. Kovacic didn’t even try to foul their player yesterday, but an accidental ankle tap was a certain yellow card because of the space and numbers in defence.

There were 11 fouls in the whole game.

The only decision that was debatable was the Bernardo shove in the back/shoulder charge challenge that got Pep booked for complaining.

Players can get injured without being fouled.
Players can also get injured without a foul been given. Statistics can prove anything you want. 11 fouls all game simply means he ignored obvious fouls sometimes he ignored them to play advantage other times, he just ignored them.

Players can also get injured without a foul been given. Statistics can prove anything you want. 11 fouls all game simply means he ignored obvious fouls sometimes he ignored them to play advantage other times, he just ignored them.
Did you think Sheffield United were a dirty side that were just out to injure us?

There was one foul that he missed as he thought it was shoulder to shoulder rather than the shove in the back that it was. I can’t think of any other tackles that should have been fouls, given the referee allowed jostling when challenging for headers when they lumped it forwards.

This isn’t the game to use to highlight corruption. We had 900+ passes. They didn’t bother pressing, they just sat in their shape and we passed them to death. There were no bad fouls in the game.

Did you think Sheffield United were a dirty side that were just out to injure us?

There was one foul that he missed as he thought it was shoulder to shoulder rather than the shove in the back that it was. I can’t think of any other tackles that should have been fouls, given the referee allowed jostling when challenging for headers when they lumped it forwards.

This isn’t the game to use to highlight corruption. We had 900+ passes. They didn’t bother pressing, they just sat in their shape and we passed them to death. There were no bad fouls in the game.

I couldn’t believe Sheff Utd didn’t kick us off the pitch.

No I don't think Sheffield United were a dirty team nor do I think the ref had a bad game. I was merely highlighting that the fact the just because only 11 fouls were given, doesn't mean their were only 11 in the game.

No I don't think Sheffield United were a dirty team nor do I think the ref had a bad game. I was merely highlighting that the fact the just because only 11 fouls were given, doesn't mean their were only 11 in the game.
There were categorically 11 fouls in the game. There may have been other incidents where advantage was played or where people disagree with the referee’s decisions.

That Jay Bothroyd, with his smug grin and six career Premier Leagur goals, almost had me yearning for Stephen Warnock on Ref Watch this morning.

There were categorically 11 fouls in the game. There may have been other incidents where advantage was played or where people disagree with the referee’s decisions.
Weird logic. If the referee sees a foul being committed but decides to play the advantage, a foul has still been committed. Tripping someone is not an incident its a foul.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.