The Title Race - 2023/24

How many points will be needed to win the league?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Still think the dippers are the favorites as they are just playing better than us currently, hopefully KDB and Erling hit the ground running though and we start hitting the goal trail again.

Can’t fault the dippers are fantastic going forward whereas we are much more laboured these days?

Much more laboured? We create more chances and score more goals, even though we've been without KDB for 5 months and without Haaland and Doku for a month. They have more shots in home games, but this hasn't helped them score more goals so far (1 goal vs United and Arsenal recently).

Much more laboured? We create more chances and score more goals, even though we've been without KDB for 5 months and without Haaland and Doku for a month. They have more shots in home games, but this hasn't helped them score more goals so far (1 goal vs United and Arsenal recently).

We just struggle to be as fun I guess this season so far? KDB ain’t going to be around forever and it’s a big ask for him to come back in to his prime rhythm?

Let's see how they cope without Salah and Endo. They've got some tricky games whilst those two players are away. Endo has helped give them more balance and Salah seems to be the only player who can take his chances in that side so I can see them dropping points without that pair. If Arsenal sign Toney I think they'll be a much better side over the 2nd half of the campaign. We're 5pts off with a game in hand so we're doing quite nicely considering the number of games we failed to win. And Kev coming back is a game changer.

Salah will miss 4 premier games max they have enough fire power for it not to affect them even though most goals come through him

We just struggle to be as fun I guess this season so far? KDB ain’t going to be around forever and it’s a big ask for him to come back in to his prime rhythm?

We try to save energy as much as possible, sometimes more subconsciously than deliberately, and it has cost us in some games. But we know we'll go for everything again, that's why we'll need energy when it really matters. Liverpool have the advantage to concentrate on the league. If they have a good chance to win the title come March/April, Klopp will rotate in Europa heavily. In contrast, we'll try to reach the CL final again. That's why we are supposed to be more conservative in our approach in the first half of the season. Guess/ hope we'll play with more energy, especially from March onwards.

What will be a big factor will not player's missing but leg's getting heavy as games come thick and fast, dippers don't have many gaps when you include the cup games against Arsenal and Fulham (2), hopefully first team will be needed for all 3 as I can't see them throwing the cups away on the chance they can beat us to the title.

Salah will miss 4 premier games max they have enough fire power for it not to affect them even though most goals come through him

I'm not sure they do mate. They struggle in Europe when he doesn't play. And as I said before, I think Endo will really impact their balance as well. They don't have anyone else who can play the DM role and protect their defence and with their gung-ho hyper energy tactics they need someone sat in. We'll see. Their form isn't spectacular, we're 2pts behind if we win our game in hand. A long way to go yet.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.