Jools Holland NYE

Myself and the missus have seen Jools three times over the years and he`s excellent at a live concert. Llandudno, Bath and Dublin were the venues and well worth the money.
Feel like a fucking "groupie". ;)
I like Jools Holand. My brother in law went to see a few years back, at the Apollo I think, said he was brilliant.

In it's day it was a good watch but it's now a tired looking event. It either needs an overhaul or killing off but I imagine Holland is at a point where he has little interest in reinventing it. Can't think of a natural replacement for him so I suspect it'll soldier on in the same format for a few more years.

Watched it the other night,last time was this .https://youtu.be/vkISiokvFTQ?si=k5N0KGZOlPZsOfO0

According to the Evening News, it was recorded on the 13th December.

It’s not really for me either way but I’m struggling to understand why that knowledge seems to have ruined it for so many people?
It's symptomatic of the decay in modern society. The Queen always did her speech live every year, but the younger generation just don't have the same sense of duty.

In it's day it was a good watch but it's now a tired looking event. It either needs an overhaul or killing off but I imagine Holland is at a point where he has little interest in reinventing it. Can't think of a natural replacement for him so I suspect it'll soldier on in the same format for a few more years.

It’s the kind of thing you can put on in a room with 4 generations and all just about enjoy, and there’s always something to talk about between it being the one time a year Paloma Faith exists, some random one hit wonder act no one has seen since 1987 appearing or a special guest looking like they’ve had 10 too many and slurring through an interview until Holland gives up.

Plus it’s the kind of thing that can easily fade into the background if conversation takes off or some neighbours pop round, or someone’s fixing drinks.

Thats how I always picture it, a few levels higher than white noise, and it’s hard to imagine someone just sitting down and watching it like a serious tv program.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.