Cole Palmer

It has and I don’t think he really would’ve thought he’s going there for trophies. His move would’ve been football time related with the knowledge he’s going to be set for life. A club as chaotic as Chelsea may deliver the odd cup, like this one, but not major ones.

It’s simply just been a worthwhile transfer for everyone concerned.

As others have said, also, playing regular first-team football can put him firmly in the England squad and even in the starting line-up from time to time.

He may regret going to Chelsea under Boehly though, they're a mess.

If he never plays a game again he'll still be a huge success..

3 EPL titles, 1 carabao cup, 1 FA cup, 1 UCL, 1 Super Cup and he's got a massive contract.

At the very minimum he'll have a career like Balotelli - who's career might have taken a down turn but he's had a career and won everything!

And honestly everyone here on the forum would trade their position for his any day!

But yes I think Bobb fits our team better!

I think his ceiling is a lot higher. That's why I'm not too bothered about selling Palmer because if we hadn't then Oscar Bobb would likely have never got a chance here. It's worked out for the best in my opinion.
I think that there was room for both Palmer and Bobb to get a decent amount of minutes. Bobb looks promising but I think we need to remember how young he is and not expect too much too soon. In two years time he might be a regular starter and that would be amazing at the age of 21. Wonder what McAtee is thinking as he and Bobb are probably the most similar of the young lads at the moment. McAtee is obviously going to get more minutes than Bobb but the latter probably stands more chance of having a career at City. Both very talented lads.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.