Cole Palmer

They didn't treble and he wasn't given anything like that for signing.
I’m guessing you’re speaking from authority as someone who knows the details of his contract with Chelsea?
If not and you’re just guessing like everyone else then you’ll have to lay out your reasons to think his wages weren’t trebled. I’d have thought he was on about 20k max a week at City and he’s definitely on more than 60k now.
Most players tend to get 10% fixed fee of their transfer fee so it’s not unreasonable to assume he pocketed around 4m from the move.
Happy to be told otherwise though.

Think Bobb is a more grounded and humble individual than Palmer
Can be said of hundreds of young players who have not pinned down a regular 1st team place at their club..and not confident enough to make demands or rock the boat...

But ..we are talking about football here.as opposed to nice people.

. We don't really know if Bobb is grounded and humble do we?

Some might say Palmer looked quiet and withdrawn during some of his City displays, following a bad injury,and bring played out on the left wing...

Compare that with Bobbs obvious confidence,almost arrogance when he plays his brand of composed,,head up , skilful football .( great player)

When you know your a good player,and what you are capable of....you just want to play.

And it's a fine line between staying under the wing of poss the world's greatest coach..or just playing football,regularly,the game you love..

For some posters to call Bobb humble,and Palmer a spoilt kid ..is an over simplification of the ever occurring dilemma for gifted young players emerging from the academy

" Should I stay or should I go" The Clash.

Maybe he did maybe he didn’t but you cannot deny Chelsea have set him up for life. A signing on fee and a 7 year contract on (if true) 100k per week, we pay our younger players well but he wouldn’t have been on half of that here. With the added bonus of more playing time nobody can blame him for the move.

It all depends on what you want out of life. People with a short term view were telling Foden to follow Sancho out of the door but look at them now. On the other hand Sancho is earning a hell of a lot more money than Foden so it begs the question, money or medals?

My response was only that Palmer has stated he didn’t want to go. It’s his version of events so as I’ve said if he wants money & immediate game time he made the right call. If he wanted to make it at City he made the wrong call.

I like the kid & I hope he reaches his potential.

I think the fact his wages trebled plus he was given either a £3 or £4m signing on fee might have helped him make a decision. Good player who looks better in a currently shit Chelsea side. Will Bobb become a better player?
He didn't look any good last night. Missed several sitters.
Take away the penalties and there's not much to show, but he looks decent in a shit team. Like most players, he'll improve with game-time, which he's now getting - and he wouldn't have got that with us.
Good luck to the lad - he did just about OK for us as an occasional substitute, but, he didn't kick on last season and, imho, missed his chance then. At £40-45M, we we got good money for him.

Sancho was the one of the best young talents in Europe before he ended up in the hands of United, probably the only club in the league worse than Chelsea in getting a tune out of young talents signed for big money. I don't think anybody would have said Sancho made the wrong decision to leave when he was lighting it up with Haaland in Germany. But yeah, bad choices can derail a career.

I was one of those who used to think Foden might be better off leaving but at the time you had David and Bernado Silva as well as Gundogan and KDB. I wrongly assumed that Silva left, you'd just replace him with another big money big name signing, but credit to City and Pep, they stayed patient and believed in Foden.

You will have thought Foden was better leaving because of the media agenda. You speak to people outside of the club & they had absolutely no idea how much he was playing, over 100 games before his 21st birthday. He’s 23 & played 250 games for City, it’s mental the perception fans outside City have of him.

No, it’s not normal to be ‘gutted’ every time you see the name of a player who’s left the club after playing only a handful of games.
It’s fucking weird unless you’re 10.
Not if you have followed his progress through the youth teams at City. Through the years I have had high hopes for lots of our youth prospects only to mainly be disappointed. It is natural to see a player like Palmer doing well for his new club, make his international debut and think about what might have been.

I remember being gutted about Gerry Taggart not getting a better chance at City. He was far better than some of the dross that turned out at centre half for us after he left.

Plus Sancho has a Billy big bollocks attitude and that is never a good thing long term as many rag youngster has found out
Sorry mate,but lots of footballers have great egos.

Some of the best that have ever played the game could be described as Billy big bollocks ....it's Football.

At youth team level depends on family background, the battles / bullying/ banter you may have to endure as you ,make your way to the 1st team.
Look at Justin Fasanus record at Norwich as a youngster at his home town club...fragile confidence tho..moves to Forest and Clough destroys him ,in front of other players and the local media..

If Fashanu had the self confidence of some other player....or his brother..a wholly different career might have been had. You don't know what bullying is like until you 've experienced if. Either knock the bully out or withdraw further into your shell....

Nothing wrong in having faith in your ability ,and being ultra confident
Watch Phil Foden berate Yaya Toure as a 16 year old during his 1st senior appearance for City...Gascoigne at Newcastle,as an 18 year old used to tell senior 1st team players in training what they were doing wrong!

Self confidence is essential for success in any competitive field.
Not to be confused with Billy big bollocks??

Not if you have followed his progress through the youth teams at City. Through the years I have had high hopes for lots of our youth prospects only to mainly be disappointed. It is natural to see a player like Palmer doing well for his new club, make his international debut and think about what might have been.

I remember being gutted about Gerry Taggart not getting a better chance at City. He was far better than some of the dross that turned out at centre half for us after he left.
Being disappointed about a youth player leaving is understandable.
Being ‘gutted’ every time you hear their name is not.

Unless you’re 10.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.