PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

It's not the transfer budget they get hit with, it's the wages and amortisation on contracts. Once invested, that repeats every year.
But couldn't that be possibly counterbalanced by spending nothing on transfers over that period?

That could be £70m - £100m per season not including player sales, increased sponsorship, stadium & merchandising revenue, more money for a higher league finish & any prize monies accrued.

But they won't get top four the champs league money players won't want to go to a midtable team who have been docked 20 points or even 10 sponsors won't be the good to! The red shirts thought it all through
Newcastle got to the CL with mostly mid-top table players. That's a decision individual players would have to make, so it couldn't be blanketly applied I'd imagine.

The point is if better players earned Newcastle a higher league finish (minus a 20 point deduction), the following season they'd have a far stronger squad & would be starting from zero like everyone else.

Everton, iirc, were punished heavily because they didn't take FFP seriously despite repeated warnings. Chelsea on the other hand, have been a good FFP citizen by spending a billion in two years, trying to get around amortisation rules with stupid contracts and .... hang on a minute ......
Chelsea are in a bit of a pickle :)

First, the PL investigation for the concealment 2012-2019 as reported by Ziegler in the Times and reported by Chelsea.

Second, over and above that there was the additional concealment stuff reported by the Guardian from the Cyprus Confidential cache.

Then there are the current problems with the likely large breach for 23/24 if Swiss Ramble and projectriver are right of a £100mil+ plus breach. Both are trusted with their info albeit both say they will have a clearer picture after they see the final figures for 22/23. And of course Chelsea could reduce the scale of the breach for 23/24 if they get sales through this month or if they conjure up additional income from somewhere in what remains the last few months of 23/24.

Also, of course, it fucks them further if they don't make Champions League this year for big £££ in 24/25.

But couldn't that be possibly counterbalanced by spending nothing on transfers over that period?

That could be £70m - £100m per season not including player sales, increased sponsorship, stadium & merchandising revenue, more money for a higher league finish & any prize monies accrued.

Actual cash outlay on transfers in doesn't come into the P/L in year one, so doesn't affect FFP. If Chelsea spend a billion in one year it is the amortisation of that amount, 200 million a year, plus wages, say the same again, that shows in the FFP calculation. Even if they spend nothing for the next four years, the FFP costs will stay at 200+200 for the five years.

What they have to do is increase revenue to cover it: new sponsorships, more rewarding competitions and profit on player sales.

As @projectriver says, they were likely trying your approach, happy to take a fine. That was blown out of the water by the Everton judgment and now they are panicking. United too, to a lesser extent. Shame.

Unless I misunderstood your point.

First, the PL investigation for the concealment 2012-2019 as reported by Ziegler in the Times and reported by Chelsea.

Second, over and above that there was the additional concealment stuff reported by the Guardian from the Cyprus Confidential cache.

Then there are the current problems with the likely large breach for 23/24 if Swiss Ramble and projectriver are right of a £100mil+ plus breach. Both are trusted with their info albeit both say they will have a clearer picture after they see the final figures for 22/23. And of course Chelsea could reduce the scale of the breach for 23/24 if they get sales through this month or if they conjure up additional income from somewhere in what remains the last few months of 23/24.

Also, of course, it fucks them further if they don't make Champions League this year for big £££ in 24/25.

They aren't in a pickle. They are fucked. I said it twelve months ago, and six. I don't know what they were thinking.

As much as i dont like to give this **** clicks, its well worth listening to his youtube channel for his comments on this today. Totally misses the point.
this figure couldnt find the point if there was a sign in front of his face with the point written on it

Oh, I just had a thought. Do they have to comply with UEFA FFP to play in the CWC? I know, different association, but they are representing UEFA?

Actual cash outlay on transfers in doesn't come into the P/L in year one, so doesn't affect FFP. If Chelsea spend a billion in one year it is the amortisation of that amount, 200 million a year, plus wages, say the same again, that shows in the FFP calculation. Even if they spend nothing for the next four years, the FFP costs will stay at 200+200 for the five years.

What they have to do is increase revenue to cover it: new sponsorships, more rewarding competitions and profit on player sales.

As @projectriver says, they were likely trying your approach, happy to take a fine. That was blown out of the water by the Everton judgment and now they are panicking. United too, to a lesser extent. Shame.

Unless I misunderstood your point.
You kind of understood my point, but I wasn't talking a bonkers £1bn outlay like Chelsea, more like £300m - £400m amortised over 5 years, £80m per season?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.