Non-League Football Thread

I agree in principle but many clubs sell their grounds to the council, the owners, or a third party to generate cash for the short-term. It bites them on the arse in the long-term but can prevent them going bust initially.
Just stopping clubs selling to another company owned by the owners would be a step forward though, and would certainly mean any sale might be more transparent.
There are a few stories online suggesting Nuneaton were living beyond their means and paying players similar amounts to those playing a division or two higher.
Perhaps Fuc 'M are the only non-league club to benefit from a very generous local council.
FFP/PSR should be the system to stop clubs getting to the point where they have nothing left to sell but their ground.

I don’t really know how the EFL/FA would go about a fit and proper test for any business to buy grounds.

I’m half surprised Mike Ashley hasn’t tried to hoover up as many grounds as possible.

I see Kendal Town players, officials and 200 fans have been stranded on the Isle of Man since Saturday and aren’t expected to be able to get home until Thursday.

Not good news if you’ve got work. Could cause issues with other teams agreeing to go over there if the weather is looking iffy.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.