Copenhagen Away 23/24

For anyone going ,think the city itself is a bit shite but would recommend having a wonder round free town Christiana ,it got a cheapish pub there imagine having a pint in the star wars bar with the whole of the Piccadilly spice heads ,and not being able to see more than 5 feet in front of you :+)
I would be very careful buying smoke from there as Copenhagen Police have implemented a targeted heightened penalty zone on and around Christiania, effective from January 10, 2024.

Perfectly fine to have a walk there.

I would be very careful buying smoke from there as Copenhagen Police have implemented a targeted heightened penalty zone on and around Christiania, effective from January 10, 2024.

Perfectly fine to have a walk there.
Cheers Rezz. I assume it'll still be okay to have a beer in one of the bars in Christiania. Apologies if you've made it clear earlier, but I'm also assuming you have some local knowledge. If so, any information for us travelling fans (to counter what I'm sure is nonsense about the city being 'a bit shite') would be helpful.

Last edited:
Cheers Rezz. I assume it'll still be okay to have a beer in one of the bars in Christiania. Apologies if you've made it clear earlier, but I'm also assuming you have some local knowledge. If so, any information for us travelling fans (to counter what I'm sure is nonsense about the city being 'a bit shite') would be helpful.
It's got a 3 foot high mermaid and half a dozen painted houses ,don't think I've missed anything;+)
And a fun fair that's never open.
The only thing that impressed me was the McDonald's where the food comes on a conveyor built from upstairs and you can watch it going round the restaurant:+)

It's got a 3 foot high mermaid and half a dozen painted houses ,don't think I've missed anything;+)
And a fun fair that's never open.
The only thing that impressed me was the McDonald's where the food comes on a conveyor built from upstairs and you can watch it going round the restaurant:+)
Not for you. I get that given that such things are subjective by their very nature. As someone who hates McDonalds, I won't even get to visit the only attraction in the city worth seeing! I'll just have to kill time in the numerous drinking establishments instead.
; )

Not for you. I get that given that such things are subjective by their very nature. As someone who hates McDonalds, I won't even get to visit the only attraction in the city worth seeing! I'll just have to kill time in the numerous drinking establishments instead.
; )
Not a great fan of McDonald's but this looked like something out of the wonka factory ,I even videoed it :+)
Post back up how you found it when you get back ,there's actually nothing wrong with Copenhagen but there's nothing good about it either ,have been to probably 25 European cities last 12 months and think this one doesn't have to wow factor.

Yes I am local and It should be perfectly fine to have beer in Christiania, there is always lots of people from all ages there during the day. I love Copenhagen, but I am obviously biased ;) It is better to visit in the summer, but still possible to have a good time. Unfortunately Tivoli is closed in the Winter and I Would Avoid the little mermaid.

Besides the things you can google, I would do these three things:

On gameday it makes the most sense to walk from the event(Old Irish) to Vesterport(2 min walk) and take the train to Østerport station(3 min) and then walk to the stadium(15-20 min). Or get a taxi. And the same way back.

Thanks

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.