PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

Ah, the old adage about auditors. Treat them like mushrooms ....
Having spent a depressingly long time both being a Deloitte auditor and now being an auditee in my life, in this specific case it’s clear there is no finger being pointed at BDO.

The PLs underlying accusation is ultimately that some of the contracts City hold/held were only functional on paper and were just a vehicle for SM to pump equity money in.

BDO will have been presented a signed contract and seen funds coming into the bank and moved on. They may have even asked City the route of funds (unlikely) which as was seen at CAS there was a perfectly reasonable explanation for, so BDO not flagging any concerns doesn’t infer anything about them.

It would be a minimum of 6 people - if City appealed, a new panel would be formed to hear that appeal.

Whether it’s 6,3 or even 1 is irrelevant though - these are serious people forming the panel and are not going to find in the PLs favour unless they prevent something explosive that City can’t defend.

But even if we examine the reality of a kangaroo court as people constantly panic about, say that what City put up is truly incontrovertible and the panel finds against the club anyway - off the record, City would be fucking delighted as it’s basically the only route outside of the PL environment to an external court which is where the club have always argued this should be handled.
Makes sense. But do you have proof or evidence of our owners saying that?

Crazy scenes mate? Do tell……

Suicides, leaking brains, strip clubs, flirting with clients, all-night Amsterdam drinking, testifying at US enquiry, great people, stupid people, learning priority to the right in Holland, flirting with French teachers, trying to get in Danish junior's knickers, inevitably marrying a secretary, taking the world's most beautiful (non-English speaking) coffee girl out for lunch, FDs who testified against the Krays, dating his 6 foot 4 inch daughter, taking the punk receptionist out for lunch, luxury hotels in London, Paris, Munich, Madrid, Milan, LA, NY, Miami, HK, Tokyo, Singapore, Hippopotamus, learning how to spell separate, Sun Tzu, French arseholes, Swiss arseholes, South African arseholes, minuting French board meetings, cricket in Holland, Indonesian secretaries. Just a few. Choose one :)

Having spent a depressingly long time both being a Deloitte auditor and now being an auditee in my life, in this specific case it’s clear there is no finger being pointed at BDO.

The PLs underlying accusation is ultimately that some of the contracts City hold/held were only functional on paper and were just a vehicle for SM to pump equity money in.

BDO will have been presented a signed contract and seen funds coming into the bank and moved on. They may have even asked City the route of funds (unlikely) which as was seen at CAS there was a perfectly reasonable explanation for, so BDO not flagging any concerns doesn’t infer anything about them.

That I can agree with.

When Utd and LFC had their match fixing scandal United's solicitor was on the panel investigating United! He found the club did nothing wrong and never bothered to interview key people because he 'trusted them'. Football hey?

I go into a lot of detail about it in an article I wrote a while back for subscribers to my website:
wow i never knew that

Suicides, leaking brains, strip clubs, flirting with clients, all-night Amsterdam drinking, testifying at US enquiry, great people, stupid people, learning priority to the right in Holland, flirting with French teachers, trying to get in Danish junior's knickers, inevitably marrying a secretary, taking the world's most beautiful (non-English speaking) coffee girl out for lunch, FDs who testified against the Krays, dating his 6 foot 4 inch daughter, taking the punk receptionist out for lunch, luxury hotels in London, Paris, Munich, Madrid, Milan, LA, NY, Miami, HK, Tokyo, Singapore, Hippopotamus, learning how to spell separate, Sun Tzu, French arseholes, Swiss arseholes, South African arseholes, minuting French board meetings, cricket in Holland, Indonesian secretaries. Just a few. Choose one :)
Hippopotamus

Hippopotamus

It's not what you think. :)

We had a training session with all partners and managers just outside Paris and, having been married for about 10/20 years each, the partners wanted to go to a show in Paris. So, many taxis and a good few beers in Paris later, we were walking to the Hippopotamus cabaret show (bare-boobed cabaret obviously) and, asking the senior Dutch partner where we were going, he said Hippo po TA mus (tbf that's how you say it in Dutch), rather than Hippo POT amus. Trust me, after a few beers it was funny. 20 partners and managers walking drunk in Paris giggling like schoolgirls stayed with me. Show was fine, but being unmarried, I was more interested in Dutch girl's real available boobs. He was OK, the senior partner, though, took it in good spirits, and let me take a white Opel Manta GTE with black windows and a black sunroof as a company car. Until he actually saw it, then he told me to park it around the corner away from the clients when I was visiting :)

And now a main contributor to Bluemoons FFP thread.
Where does the excitement end for you;-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.