City become the most watched PL team in the US

We are winning the battle over here for sure. I get loads of conversations when I’m out and about with my City tops/cap on.
There’s zero bitterness which is nice.
I was in hospital the other week wearing my ‘Manchester is Blue’ tee-shirt and the doctor was a blue.
He kept coming to my room to chat City, he was originally from the Caribbean and said he grew up watching and supporting City.
So different from when we came here in 2000 and quite frankly, I’m fkin loving it !!

Last edited:
Of course, one thing I haven't seen on this thread (correct me if in wrong) is that a great percentage of these fans watching on the TV will at some point buy a piece of merchandise - a point that detractors of the club saying "where are you getting the money from?" all fail to see.

From a marketing/shirt sales point of view;

Africa will be difficult to conquer as arsenal have it sewn up at the mo

Asia is obviously united/liverpool but our upward arc is amazing and if it continues we wont be far off in years to come

South america, we are number 1. The way we play, a few south american stars etc. when messi was at barca it was them, now he isnt so the fan boys arent so bothered

And we are pretty much number 1 in the states too, as confirmed by the viewing figures.
Everyone loves a winner, the whole world will glory hunt, but the yanks REALLY love a winner.

Winning the world club cup was a massive boost, but if we win the next one in the states then we go into the next stratosphere !!!

Futures biue, we are ‘in’ and the funny thing is , the rules they introduced to stop us made us the monster we are whilst keeping the very clubs who voted for it ‘out’

Funny old world innit

From a marketing/shirt sales point of view;

Africa will be difficult to conquer as arsenal have it sewn up at the mo

Asia is obviously united/liverpool but our upward arc is amazing and if it continues we wont be far off in years to come

South america, we are number 1. The way we play, a few south american stars etc. when messi was at barca it was them, now he isnt so the fan boys arent so bothered

And we are pretty much number 1 in the states too, as confirmed by the viewing figures.
Everyone loves a winner, the whole world will glory hunt, but the yanks REALLY love a winner.

Winning the world club cup was a massive boost, but if we win the next one in the states then we go into the next stratosphere !!!

Futures biue, we are ‘in’ and the funny thing is , the rules they introduced to stop us made us the monster we are whilst keeping the very clubs who voted for it ‘out’

Funny old world innit
I've just returned from several weeks touring South Africa.

Not SINGLE arse,rag,scouse or franco shirt in sight.

A few Barca & chavski.... but more City.

In Johannesburg Airport,City's was the ONLY merchandise on sale.

The guys I spoke to love City, our style and success.....we are a growing brand but probably need an affiliate club and an ambassador to move to a dominant level.

It seems such a lost opportunity that Yaya can't get down on his knees and beg forgiveness of Pep.

He could be the 'lightening conductor' for City out there.

I've just returned from several weeks touring South Africa.

Not SINGLE arse,rag,scouse or franco shirt in sight.

A few Barca & chavski.... but more City.

In Johannesburg Airport,City's was the ONLY merchandise on sale.

The guys I spoke to love City, our style and success.....we are a growing brand but probably need an affiliate club and an ambassador to move to a dominant level.

It seems such a lost opportunity that Yaya can't get down on his knees and beg forgiveness of Pep.

He could be the 'lightening conductor' for City out there.
Thats good news then!

I would say south africa is a different kettle fish to other parts of the continent, and i hope that doesnt come across as wrong as its not supposed to.

Theres a reason why the club hasnt done a big pre season tour of africa and thet concentrate on USA and asia … £££$$$

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.