City become the most watched PL team in the US

Do Americans only watch the final, no interest in the previous rounds?

Hi mate, the discussion was about whether the CL final skewed the figures. Probably best to follow the full conversation……same goes for the guy who forgot what his own question even was.

IMG_9077.jpeg

Hi mate, the discussion was about whether the CL final skewed the figures. Probably best to follow the full conversation……same goes for the guy who forgot what his own question even was.
I am following it.
In Europe a lot of people only watch the Superbowl and have no real interest in the previous games.
People watch an F A cup final but no real interest up to that
I am asking is that the same with the Champions league in the States.

I am following it.
In Europe a lot of people only watch the Superbowl and have no real interest in the previous games.
People watch an F A cup final but no real interest up to that
I am asking is that the same with the Champions league in the States.
My perspective -I live in New England and have tweenagers. Most of our friends casually have football on the background a handful of times a year - partly because of the time it’s on. And probably watch a few games closely. They watch WC games and probably have seen an international or pro team play at least once. They are aware of big teams and famous players. They’re watching the CL final. They would watch an earlier round if they knew it was on and it was two big teams. It was not this way five years ago.

This piece highlights a couple of things that City need to be careful about when going on friendly tours these days:

1.some of the follower's of football really do follow the player and don’t give a rat’s ass for the team that player plays for. It’s been like that with the dancing preen and Messi for a decade+, and with Haaland being the next footballing superstar, then we need to be careful about managing fervoured fans expectations.

2. I know haaland’s staying despite the Spanish media ramping up the yearly Aguero style transfer bollox , but it would be a large blow to the City social media metrics, and hence ongoing commercial sponsors, if he left. i Mean Inter Miami probably sold more shirts than the rest of the US league combined , and they are a new team, who finished almost bottom of the league… it’s not about the team, it’s the celebrity social media superstar

This piece highlights a couple of things that City need to be careful about when going on friendly tours these days:

1.some of the follower's of football really do follow the player and don’t give a rat’s ass for the team that player plays for. It’s been like that with the dancing preen and Messi for a decade+, and with Haaland being the next footballing superstar, then we need to be careful about managing fervoured fans expectations.

2. I know haaland’s staying despite the Spanish media ramping up the yearly Aguero style transfer bollox , but it would be a large blow to the City social media metrics, and hence ongoing commercial sponsors, if he left. i Mean Inter Miami probably sold more shirts than the rest of the US league combined , and they are a new team, who finished almost bottom of the league… it’s not about the team, it’s the celebrity social media superstar

We were one of the most watched teams in America before Haaland

We were one of the most watched teams in America before Haaland
Yes, and now we ARE the most watched, not entirely down to Haaland, but the ‘Messi’ type effect, is clear in its assistance to those numbers and social media interactions… i was just pointing out that going to places where a player is more important than a team, you have to manage expectations Of the social media casuals.

Yes, and now we ARE the most watched, not entirely down to Haaland, but the ‘Messi’ type effect, is clear in its assistance to those numbers and social media interactions… i was just pointing out that going to places where a player is more important than a team, you have to manage expectations Of the social media casuals.

Oh yeah start players attract fans maybe a few will stick with the club

To understand the growth of the real football in the USA, here’s an ad for the CL games, which was run during the fake football Super Bowl = The most expensive TV ad time in the world.

You might notice a certain club and their colors gets prime exposure;

Don't worry. In China, most City fans like the whole team, not just a certain player. Messi is a special case, and Ronaldo is another. Except for them, I can't see any other person who will face the same problem. This incident is like a war between Messi's fans and Ronaldo's fans.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.