Queues outside M1 turnstiles and over the top security

Go in M1 every game and nothing up with the process.
Get there earlier.
Next.

You're talking bollocks, and trying to be condescending with it, although having glanced at your post history that's not a major surprise.

No point derailing the thread any further, ill see you outside M1 at 3pm Saturday, should give us plenty of time to make kick off. I wont be able to get to Brentford until 7pm earliest though, unless I tell my 6 year old to walk the 2 miles to gymnastics, so dont wait for me on Tuesday.

The wands occasionally pick up keys, coins or phone which are in different pockets, but never more than one of the three. I have never been asked to prove the item is what I've claimed.
This is hardly top class security but is supposed to make people feel safer (and colder or wetter) following the arena bombing.
A terrorist could kill as many people by detonating a bomb in the queue or in many of the crowded areas on the outer concourse, though that wouldn't create as much panic as a bomb inside the stadium.

I guess the wands are for show in case a potential bomber is on a recce and thinks… I ain’t gonna get past them all vested up.

Pretty sure they don’t actually do anything.

A pretty minor inconvenience in the grand scheme of things. It’s only really bringing the wait a few yards forward from the turnstile to the wand guys.

unfortunately its needed big time the security checks,i never moan once at them,i agree with them all day long,because of the vile terrorists out there,the ammount of un vetted people coming over on the boats daily is concerning so yer agree with it all day

unfortunately its needed big time the security checks,i never moan once at them,i agree with them all day long,because of the vile terrorists out there,the ammount of un vetted people coming over on the boats daily is concerning so yer agree with it all day
Do you go in the Arndale in Manchester at all? Who searches you when you’re shopping on a busy day in any town Centre? Who searches you when you get on a train?
Answer = nobody!!!

While I agree terrorists are somewhat vile, however this over the top approach by showsec minimum wagers is completely over the top and the type of change to our lives that these terrorists want in our world. They want disruption!!!!

F&£k them. Oh and f?&k Showsec too. One told me to open my coat to which I refused and asked him why? He said to check I wasn’t an away fan!! What a load of bollocks!

Reactions: jrb
Do you go in the Arndale in Manchester at all? Who searches you when you’re shopping on a busy day in any town Centre? Who searches you when you get on a train?
Answer = nobody!!!

While I agree terrorists are somewhat vile, however this over the top approach by showsec minimum wagers is completely over the top and the type of change to our lives that these terrorists want in our world. They want disruption!!!!

F&£k them. Oh and f?&k Showsec too. One told me to open my coat to which I refused and asked him why? He said to check I wasn’t an away fan!! What a load of bollocks!
Etihad an old trafford are probably the two places in manchester on high alert for attacks ,they got to the ao arena,which was the worst day this city has ever lived,oh belive me it happens,yess theres cctv everywhere,an it aint just down to guys on turnstiles,but sorry to dissapoint u pal this is the new England unfortunately

This is purely instinct but I imagine we need to be seen doing enough security should any terrorist attack actually happen.

I’d been to Liam Williams v Liam Smith at the Arena shortly before the attack and security was as expected. I know the terrorist turned up at the end as people were leaving but little practically can be done.

Sounds like a lack of access turnstiles is an issue at M1 but surprised to hear the amount of people whinging on about having to open a coat, remove a hat etc. I've been doing that at Entrance J for the last 2-3 years.

Yes, it's annoying especially when its cold and wet, but it takes literally 30 seconds to do, open coat, remove hat, show you are not wearing an explosive waistcoat, or have a grenade under your hat, coat zipped back up, hat back on and in you go.

Unfortunately it's the way it is nowadays, we're a massive club, televised globally. Any event inside our stadium would be news all over the world.

Etihad an old trafford are probably the two places in manchester on high alert for attacks ,they got to the ao arena,which was the worst day this city has ever lived,oh belive me it happens,yess theres cctv everywhere,an it aint just down to guys on turnstiles,but sorry to dissapoint u pal this is the new England unfortunately

I’d have thought Market Street and the Arndale Centre would be easier targets. I’m sure you been on Market Street on a Saturday Afternoon? There are thousands of people on it all day long.

Sounds like a lack of access turnstiles is an issue at M1 but surprised to hear the amount of people whinging on about having to open a coat, remove a hat etc. I've been doing that at Entrance J for the last 2-3 years.

Yes, it's annoying especially when its cold and wet, but it takes literally 30 seconds to do, open coat, remove hat, show you are not wearing an explosive waistcoat, or have a grenade under your hat, coat zipped back up, hat back on and in you go.

Unfortunately it's the way it is nowadays, we're a massive club, televised globally. Any event inside our stadium would be news all over the world.

Asking people ‘randomly’ to open their coats, take off their hats, etc, isn’t going to stop a suicide bomber. What are the chances of a steward doing that and ‘stopping’ a suicide bomber from detonating their bomb?

You do know the suicide bomber would have the tigger/detonator in their coat pocket, which should be picked up by the wand. As you have to put your arms out when you are scanned, a suicide bomber wouldn’t hold a trigger/detonator in their hand.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.