Chelsea (H) | PL | Post Match Thread

Our defenders all seemed to be like Bambi on ice tonight, due to the conditions they were running back facing counter attacks as if they were being careful not to fall over

Akanji in midfield is a no for me

Why was Stones not on?

Just watched the PK given to Newcastle for a shirt tug in the box from a dead ball. Makes an absolute joke of the shirt pull and handball by the same player on the same play in the last minute!

ABSOLUTE FUCKING JOKE!

Now, throw in the challenge on KDB on the edge of the box by Caicedo, who was already on a yellow, that Madley allowed the “advantage” (which he deemed was better than a direct free kick 20 yards from goal!) and that should have been a second yellow and OFF!

But, in true PGMOL fashion, Bernardo challenges Caicedo for a loose ball, wins it but grazes him on the outside of the foot…Caicedo screams…and a foul AND YELLOW CARD for Bernardo! Wasn’t even a foul!!!

It gets tiresome, and I try very hard not to be a conspiracy theorist, but we really do not get many calls at all!

Another simple example…Madley is 5 yards from the challenge when Caicedo goes in on a falling Doku. Stamps right through his shin. Blatant, right in front of the ref. Doku looks up in disbelief as the ref not only doesn’t give the blatant yellow card, but doesn’t even give the foul!

I know whining about the officiating is boring, but with the linesmen not flagging for obvious offsides ending in injuries, and refs not making blatantly obvious calls, and VAR not having the least bit of consistency, and City never getting the fouls we’re due in the box (where we spend about 1/4 of the game), especially the holding and shirt pulling, I’ve had enough! Sick of it. And, today, sick of it costing us 2 points when it also cost us 2 points in the return fixture!

The handball will get glossed over and people will say Haaland should have won it on his own, but that obviously ignores the reality that if City would just get the calls we deserve, then Haaland wouldn’t have to score every opportunity!

He's not crap really though,is he?

He's done OK so far overall,considering it's very early in his City career.
Give him a chance before writing him off.
No he's not crap he is also very young and clearly still settling into Peps style, when Jack is fit I would play him every game before Doku but the kid isn't crap howevr like others he wasn't very good today.

Agreed.

Though Doku has already showed what he is capable of,on occasion,which is better than "ok" imo.

Either way,he should be given the benefit of the doubt to prove he's going to be better than OK long term.

I recall people on this forum saying Rodri wouldnt make a City player in his 1st season too.
Doku would have benefitted of phils ability and energy playing in the middle.
Alvarez uptop.

100% a pen but tbh we should't have nedded it we peppered the cunts but failed to finish them off

He's a fraud I've seen the light.
That’s harsh. He’s a player in progress. He might be elite he might not. At the moment he’s a mid table standard player, still learning his trade, with some good moments.

We’re never going to have an XI who are all world class and on their game all at the same time.

I think i must be too easily pleased because I don’t get the negative comments. We dominated the game and the players ran their socks off.
No team can win all the time.
It's not a matter of not winning all the time, it's a matter of another two points being tossed away against a mid-table team. As we also did at their place and against Spurs and Palace. We have 53 points from 24 games. That extrapolates to 84 points over 38 games. - Hardly title winning!!
Dominating games means fuck all if you don't take your chances or if the defence has become leaky.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.