Ref Watch City Games - 2023/24

City girl vs Chelsea surprise surprise (no I'm not Cilla).
Sent off for time-wasting in the 1st half as well.
Nothing to see here though

That was one of the most bent ref'ing I have ever seen ! The ref even works for the Chelsea foundation !

The whole thing booking a goalkeeper is pointless in the first or last minute ,when have you ever seen a goalkeeper sent off for 2 yellows time wasting?? The only punishment is for the ref to make it perfectly clear he's adding the time on.

Should bring in a new rule that any goalie who take longer that 10 seconds to kick the ball they'll be an extra 1 minute added

We cant get our head around it because deep down the sport we love is actually bent. We say it but dont want to believe it.
Why would we spend 1000's of pounds and loads of our time and emotions following a bent sport.

The football authorities know it's hard for real fans to walk away so they get away with it.

Like many I love City but hate football !
Ive asked this question before and not got an answer… (people always think im having a go, im really not, im just really interested in peoples opinions on it)…

How do yiu think its bent?
Directions from above? I.e prem league bosses like masters instructing refs to not give/give certain decisions to certain teams?

Or is it referees taking bribes off betting syndicates , that sort of thing?

Ive asked this question before and not got an answer… (people always think im having a go, im really not, im just really interested in peoples opinions on it)…

How do yiu think its bent?
Directions from above? I.e prem league bosses like masters instructing refs to not give/give certain decisions to certain teams?

Or is it referees taking bribes off betting syndicates , that sort of thing?

No idea I'm not involved in it.

But how do you explain some of the bizarre decisions. Particularly when we play the spuds, dippers and rags. Theres to many to be mistakes.

I'm still pissed of with the Rashford off side goal. No one on this plant can not see he is interfering with. Linesman gave off side VAR were ignored the only person who thought Rashford wasnt was the ref. A ref who doesnt have to explain his decision

Serious questions..
1, do you believe we should have had at least one penalty yesterday
2, do you think the stamp on Doku was worthy of at least a booking or even a red card.
3, do you think that Chelsea got away with lots of fouls that weren't deemed worthy of being called as fouls or a booking when they were given as fouls.
Personally I believe we should have had at least 2 penalties and Chelsea should have been down to 10 men for the stamp on Doku.
1. Yes, we could have had a penalty yesterday. (Haaland would have headed it wide anyway…) ;-)
2. It could have been, yes.
3. I thought Chelsea were very good at the dark arts of loads of little pulls, nudges and shoves that often aren’t given as fouls.

Marginal calls didn’t go our way yesterday. It happens. Even if Haaland had bagged a hattrick, the ref would still be getting abuse.

It’s pretty obvious that all teams are reffed to a different set of laws in each and every game but it doesn’t help when refs refuse to follow those laws equally and players and constantly cheating. Their keeper gets booked yesterday but the ref must have warned him three or four times. Why not warn once and then book or even better remind keepers before the game that they will be booked for time wasting as soon as they start to do so. Free kicks taken from the wrong place is another big bear of mine. Yesterday Haaland was adjudged to have fouled someone about a yard from the by line near the corner flag. Keeper took the free kick probably ten yards further forward and ten yards further infield. Nothing said. We tried to take a free kick probably two yards further forward and suddenly ref starts being all pedantic. Same with throw ins and all the stealing of yards. Ultimately though refs are happy not to give us decisions because as a club we rarely keep up a fuss and more importantly the media don’t go on and on about it for weeks. Look how scum were reffed under GPC and still are to a certain extent. Same with dippers and arse. They constantly whinge and moan about every perceived injustice and then the media continue to act on their behalf. Most blatant penalty yesterday was the rugby tackle on Haaland from a corner. If Steve Borthwick was watching he would have the defender in his next squad. Walker one has been given for many seasons but suddenly it’s not. Seem to recall the likes of Mane, Vardy, Kane etc all being lauded for putting their leg in front of a player despite not attempting to play the ball and winning penalties. Fernandes at Villa actually went over the top of the defender and still won a penalty which wasn’t overturned. Handball at the end would have harsh but no more so than dozens awarded in the past few seasons. If anything it should have been a penalty for the guy trying to rip the shirt off Ruben’s back. As for the nonsense with the non bookings it’s every game now so should be expected. And of course Bernardo being booked for something no worse than half a dozen other challenges which went unpunished. And since when was a ball played out wide to someone doubled marked an advantage over a free kick pretty central. But nothing will change as we won’t say anything and as Pep says we do it all ourselves without any help. It’s getting worse though and won’t get any better. Dreading the next few games because of it.
Spot on mate.
I'd just like to add another infuriating stat from yesterday in that Doku's best run with the ball was intercepted by the ref.
Play stopped, momentum gone.
The cnut might as well had a blue shirt on with a squad number on his back.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.