Ref Watch City Games - 2023/24

Instructions from above I think.

I used to watch my lad play rugby alongside a premier League ref. No names but you can work it out.
I was giving him some gentle stick about sending SWP off the day before, and he was defending the decision, all very amicably.

Then he got a phone call and moved away to take it. When he came back he was furious and told me the "powers that be" had told him to reverse it so the card was rescinded. He said the reason was something to do with "ongoing negotiations" or some such, nothing to do with the decision itself. Then in the media it said he'd changed his mind on seeing the video. That was total bollox.
I have a story.. and i really do need to be careful on names.
My dad used to be heavily involved with professional gamblers, going back to the 90s.
One day he was a guest of a huge bookie/gambler at a barnsley game where a notorious ref was reffing. After the game , the bookie met the ref and gave him an envelope, a brown one. Bookie just said to my dad “total bookings”

Refs have good and bad games too though. He won’t have seen the handball and VAR seems to have been switched off by Webb.

I left the ground thinking about Haaland’s misses more than the referee, but obviously hadn’t seen any contentious decision back at that point.
Weve had this guy a few times and he lets a lot go and does very little to prevent timewasting. Wouldnt be surprised if opposition managers tell their players they can get stuck in and waste time when they see him selected for the game against us.
will be interested to how he refs other games

Weve had this guy a few times and he lets a lot go. Wouldnt be surprised if opposition managers tell their players they can get stuck in and waste time when they see him selected for the game against us.
will be interested to how he refs other games
Fair comment. It is possible.

1. Yes, we could have had a penalty yesterday. (Haaland would have headed it wide anyway…) ;-)
2. It could have been, yes.
3. I thought Chelsea were very good at the dark arts of loads of little pulls, nudges and shoves that often aren’t given as fouls.

Marginal calls didn’t go our way yesterday. It happens. Even if Haaland had bagged a hattrick, the ref would still be getting abuse.
That's a bit harsh on head like a 50p Haaland :+)

It actually needs referees sending keeps off ,one weekend of it would solve the problem.
Unlike the Alex Greenwood second yellow for 'alleged' time wasting the referee who sends off a goalie for timewasting would be pilloried and demoted down a league. Under the present interpretation I think if the goalie has tarried over the first three goal kicks then it should be a card whether the third kick comes in the tenth minute or not. Timewasting at a goal kick should automatically convert a goal kick to a corner. They wouldn't fuck about with the fourth one, and is any goalie gonna get a second yellow for timewasting? I think we have more chance of one of the four pens on Saturday being presented to us in the warm up on Tuesday and we start 1-0 up!

I wasn’t as shocked by yesterday’s refereeing performance as others recently. There were what, four 50/50 decisions? 50/50 meaning Liverpool would get any of those at Anfield and we’d get none. I’m still amazed how Everton and Copenhagen finished the game with 11 on the pitch.

Still, those that have eyes but refuse to see will claim it’s not bent.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.