First Away Game

I went Huddersfield away the following season (97/98). Midweek game. Pissed down all night. We had the stand behind the goal but the rain was driving in and we had seats right at the end of the stand. Got absolutely soaked but won 3-1. Great times.
Think we played in the rare yellow /black away kit. Beardsley played for us. Murders in and outside the ground. We ended up getting relegated and Huddersfield stayed up I think

I still regret going to that game.

I’d met a very attractive young lady the week before and she wouldn’t give me her number but said she’d take mine.

She rang me in the week and asked if I wanted to go out on the Saturday. Had to say.. Sorry, I’m going to Palace but I’m definitely interested.

Not heard from or seen her since.

Probably time to move on now I guess.
I didn’t go to Palace but got to bang a very attractive young lady.

Huddersfield away, FA Cup 3rd round. Jan '88 at the old Leeds Rd. 2-2 John Gidman scored a last minute free kick to equalize, Mel Machin and Neil McNab both sent off. We'd beaten them 10-1 ealier that season so it was only to be expected that we nearly made a pigs ear of this one. Just googled it and the attendance was 18k, and at least half of that must have been Blues. Fairly uneventful game other than that.
Crutches

1966/67,first season back in the old division 1 under Sir Joe.
Burnley away won 3 - 2,Colin Bell and 2 from Johnny Crossan .

Burnley in the FA Cup 3rd round. Early 90's I'm guessing. We won 1-0 anyway. My 2nd away game was the 4th round at Port Vale and my 3rd was the 5th round at Notts County where the true nature of being a City fan of that time was painfully revealed....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.