First Away Game

1966/67,first season back in the old division 1 under Sir Joe.
Burnley away won 3 - 2,Colin Bell and 2 from Johnny Crossan .
Was also at that game very good away win,remember Andy Lockhead was playing for them then in 69 he was at Leicester in the cup final v City.

1976 League Cup Final ...what a day
Followed by pre season friendly away at Great Harwood town, the following season I think, went in the changing rooms for autographs and Denis Tuerat was stood on the wooden bench bollock naked covering himself in Talc, strange what you remember as a kid!

Could've been, remember walking up to the ground and there were city fans in the sheff utd end telling us to come and join them. Was only 13 so decided that was not a good idea!
Glass and blood everywhere.

It was named 'The Battle of Bramall Lane'

Seen many things, this was bad !!

Sheffield United November 1975

2-2 Booth and Barnes

Morris minor on tour.

Southampton 1974. The week before the LC final.
Law and Marsh scored. Buzzer had one disallowed straight from kick off.
The only time I've seen any of the game since was in the Dennis Law doc. recently. Only his goal though.
I'm sure Rodney half volleyed from the edge of the 18 yard box.
2-0 to the City.

QPR away October 1994 aged 14 with my schoolmate with Official Supporters Club. Mate's Dad dropped and picked us up at Chorlton St (so basically 2 just turned 14 yr olds on their own, which is mad really.) I won the raffle on the coach for free travel to a game of my choice and we won 2-1. Great day.
That was the one where we had 2 players sent off wasn't it, I seem to remember the City fans singing '9 men, you couldn't beat 9 men' at the end .Was one of those who got an 'early bath 'our keeper, Andy Dibble ?
There were loads of good away days at Loftus Road, there was normally decent away support, good atmosphere and (even when we were a bit shit) we got a few results down there.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.