First Away Game

QPR away October 1994 aged 14 with my schoolmate with Official Supporters Club. Mate's Dad dropped and picked us up at Chorlton St (so basically 2 just turned 14 yr olds on their own, which is mad really.) I won the raffle on the coach for free travel to a game of my choice and we won 2-1. Great day.

I still regret going to that game.

I’d met a very attractive young lady the week before and she wouldn’t give me her number but said she’d take mine.

She rang me in the week and asked if I wanted to go out on the Saturday. Had to say.. Sorry, I’m going to Palace but I’m definitely interested.

Not heard from or seen her since.

Probably time to move on now I guess.
Could’ve been true love. Instead you signed up for 20 years of mostly shite football followed by 13 of brilliance.

Plenty more fish in the sea, mate.

Mine was a 0-0 away at Stoke April 1976, not long after the roof had blown off their stand. Actually got to see Geoff Hammond play.

That same game was the first away I can remember. Dad and elder brother said I did a few local league games as a sprog, but that was my first away day by train

Friday night wasn’t it? I was only about 10, great memory though Goater smashing in the winner!

Mine was a 0-0 away at Stoke April 1976, not long after the roof had blown off their stand. Actually got to see Geoff Hammond play.
Strange could have sworn I went to Stoke in April 76 and we won 3 1 shortly after league cup win. As an FOC memory not always what it was, anyway vast City following packed every where but the Boothen End.

Been to plenty of stadiums before an away game as my dad always took us somewhere on a Saturday if City weren’t at Maine Road.

First City away was the swamp and the Brightwell screamer where dad had got us tickets in the wrong end. Turned out we weren’t the only ones in there.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.