Atmosphere - 2023/24

• Thread starter Deleted member 77198
  • Start date
You wern't in the Kippax on some of those miserable wet midweek nights then ?
I used to stand in the top left hand corner of the Kippax as you look out onto the pitch and that's where most of the chants used to start, but sometimes when you thought the whole ground was at it - or at least the whole Kippax - it often turned out it was just us lot in our own bubble and not many others outside of that. I remember one game against Wimbledon in November 1991. I decided to move across to Windy Corner in the second half for a change. I could hardly hear our fans at all but somewhat weirdly I could hear the Wimbledon fans chanting "You'll never play for England" to Keith Curle quite clearly, even though there were only about 200 of them and they were at the other end of the pitch in the Platt Lane!

Last edited:
I used to stand in the top left hand corner of the Kippax as you look out onto the pitch and that's where most of the chants used to start, but sometimes when you thought the whole ground was at it - or at least the whole Kippax - it ofetn turned out it was just us lot in our own bubble and not many others outside of that. I remember one game against Wimbledon in November 1991. I decided to move across to Windy Corner in the second half for a change. I could hardly hear our fans at all but somewhat weirdly I could hear the Wimbledon fans chanting "You'll never play for England" to Keith Curle quite clearly, even though there were only about 200 of them and they were at the other end of the pitch in the Platt Lane!
The windy corner or,just under the roof next to it down by the wall it was where I started as a 12 year old on the Kippax, as you say some days could hardly hear much at all, apart from those moaning :). As I got older progressed down the Kippax and its was louder and some great atmosphere often, but not always.

Atmosphere was dire last night, but at the same time Brentford did a job on us to get excited about anything , total spoilers which emulated in to the stands .
These are the games that our home crowd need to be very vocal in to get the lads over the line. Very tough game this was and our home crowd are found wanting. They put up a brick wall it was very tough. With good vocal support and passion that tough wall becomes a hell of a lot easier to crack

I do wonder what atmospheres historically some of the people on here have witnessed to think yesterday was ok. A standard league game back in the day was 10x what we heard last night.
Certainly never in the Etihad / CoMS era has it been anywhere near ten times louder than the other night for a run of the mill midweek game

You wern't in the Kippax on some of those miserable wet midweek nights then ?
I have never said that there was not any poor Atmospheres at Maine Rd, just that what is being classed as decent now really isn't. So not sure on the relevance of your comment.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.