Atmosphere - 2023/24

• Thread starter Deleted member 77198
  • Start date
I have never said that there was not any poor Atmospheres at Maine Rd, just that what is being classed as decent now really isn't. So not sure on the relevance of your comment.
You said a standard game was 10 x better, I’m saying a midweek in February game against a lower mid table team then wasn’t really much better than a Feb mid week game against a lower mid table team now wasn’t much better, certainly not 10 x.better.

You said a standard game was 10 x better, I’m saying a midweek in February game against a lower mid table team then wasn’t really much better than a Feb mid week game against a lower mid table team now wasn’t much better, certainly not 10 x.better.
I'd say worse then because the lower mid table teams were typically above us and would knock a few past us

So the atmosphere last night was either 'better than expected', 'average for a wet Tuesday night' or 'non existent' ... that's put that little debate to bed then!
Personally I thought it was ok, we're on the back of a run of away teams setting up the Everton/Chelsea/Brentford way. That brings a mountain of possession (70% average) but also presents a difficult challenge for the players to break down which leads to tension and frustration in the crowd and every misplaced pass etc becomes a major error. It's significant that we committed twice as many fouls as Brentford despite have more than twice the possession. They simply don't need to tackle very often, sheer weight of numbers behind the ball allows no space to operate and eventually crowding out the players will lead to an interception rather than a straight tackle.
To be fair to Chelsea, they have the players to play that way and take advantage as they could easily have done in that game. The other two are just shite.

It’s our own fault this season though. We have given teams hope by conceding so many soft goals. They think keep it to 0/0 or even 1/0 and they will get that chance so they defend for their lives. Brentford actually had two in the first 20 mins when we were absolute tosh.

This thread intrigues me. How many of the people commenting on the Brentford game were at the ground ?
I cannot believe people are slagging it. In the second half, at nil nil the team were struggling, Brentford were spoiling the game and the ref was a wanker. The crowd could have gone silent but they didn't. The South Stand started it but everyone joined in and willed the team on. It was just what the team needed when they themselves were a little flat.
Do we just like to moan?

This thread intrigues me. How many of the people commenting on the Brentford game were at the ground ?
I cannot believe people are slagging it. In the second half, at nil nil the team were struggling, Brentford were spoiling the game and the ref was a wanker. The crowd could have gone silent but they didn't. The South Stand started it but everyone joined in and willed the team on. It was just what the team needed when they themselves were a little flat.
Do we just like to moan?
Why do you think the site is called Blue Moan??

Do we just like to moan?
I thought it was great in the second half but I had drunk four pints of German beer before the game which may have affected my perception. To be honest the atmosphere is usually good where I sit (East End Upper 308) and I am often baffled by some of the comments on here. I started going in the 1960s and apart from the biggest games I would say the last ten years have been much better for noise at the Etihad than Maine Road ever was, especially in the dire 1980s. People always look back with rose-tinted glasses.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.