FA Cup QF Draw | Newcastle (H) | Sat 16 Mar 17:30

A whopping £2-50 off most tickets for over 65s. So a £40 ticket will have a more than generous 6.25% discount.

That's an excellent riposte from the club for all those naysayers who claim they only want to squeeze out legacy fans.

The City fans who struggle the most to get tickets, but would love nothing more than to get tickets, will have to pay the most if there are any tickets available for them? That’s not rewarding City fans who are desperate for a ticket and their loyalty to try and get tickets, if there are any tickets left?

IMG_0532.jpeg

Thanks. Strange. I thought I’d always been in all cup schemes. But also pretty sure I paid about £40 for that game.

Maybe I bought an additional ticket for someone and have that figure in my head.
Probably the semi in 2010 for £40.

I think the 2012 game was the catalyst to up the Cap from £15 to £25. The Arsenal LC game in Oct 2004 led to the cap as people felt ripped off and ditched cup schemes the season after.

The price Cap was increased to £35 this season, they were probably vexed at being fettered by the £25 limit for Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal & Chelsea again in the early rounds last season.

Thanks. Strange. I thought I’d always been in all cup schemes. But also pretty sure I paid about £40 for that game.

Maybe I bought an additional ticket for someone and have that figure in my head.
If I've got my seasons correct we played the dips in a LC semi then a few days later the rags in the FAC, both games I thought were £40 and the dips game wasn't full.

If I've got my seasons correct we played the dips in a LC semi then a few days later the rags in the FAC, both games I thought were £40 and the dips game wasn't full.
Those two games were definitely back to back in January 2012. My memory doesn’t stretch to ticket prices or attendances!

Those prices are pretty much what I would expect for an FA Cup Quarter Final against another Premier League team.
As for actual pricing, I remember (when I could get tickets through my Citycard) in 2010 it went up 100% ,from £20 to £40 (for similair seats) from the Arsenal QF in the League cup to the SF v the rags. That one was perhaps a little different as it was our first semi final for years and was against 'them.'
For the Burton semi final in 2019(again League Cup) I think I paid a lot less, about £27 on East Level 2, which worked out at about £3 a goal that night.
Are they too much this year? probably, and as many have said a lot will be snapped up by neutrals/tourists. Are the club really bothered, probably not because they will say we are watching a very high quality product (which we are).
A lot of season ticket holders/Cityzens( who obviously should get the option of tickets first for any 'big' games)may well not go to this match. However it doesn't seem to go to open sale anymore to fans with a 'purchase history' ie: have attended a number of games In previous years, or has that concept simply been lost in the current 'business model' and the club don't care who gets them? This is the thing that bugs me as much as the extortionate price of actually attending games in this country, which I have come to expect (rightly or wrongly?)

Those prices are pretty much what I would expect for an FA Cup Quarter Final against another Premier League team.
As for actual pricing, I remember (when I could get tickets through my Citycard) in 2010 it went up 100% ,from £20 to £40 (for similair seats) from the Arsenal QF in the League cup to the SF v the rags. That one was perhaps a little different as it was our first semi final for years and was against 'them.'
For the Burton semi final in 2019(again League Cup) I think I paid a lot less, about £27 on East Level 2, which worked out at about £3 a goal that night.
Are they too much this year? probably, and as many have said a lot will be snapped up by neutrals/tourists. Are the club really bothered, probably not because they will say we are watching a very high quality product (which we are).
A lot of season ticket holders/Cityzens( who obviously should get the option of tickets first for any 'big' games)may well not go to this match. However it doesn't seem to go to open sale anymore to fans with a 'purchase history' ie: have attended a number of games In previous years, or has that concept simply been lost in the current 'business model' and the club don't care who gets them? This is the thing that bugs me as much as the extortionate price of actually attending games in this country, which I have come to expect (rightly or wrongly?)
Replying to my own post(!) There have been several posters on here that have suggested very helpful ways of getting tickets through Facebook sites, or directly through other City fans. However, when tickets were going a lot cheaper on ticket agencies than through the club for recent home games this doesn't seem right to me!?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.