It's Quiet 18 - Wanna ring the bell?

The only one I would be dubious on is Frimpong mate as we have had no links to him? Paqueta we already know will sign now he is seemingly cleared, Savio has seemingly signed but he’s not staying with us anyway? Tolmie posted that Neto could be our first signing of the summer (Savio) and we have been scouting Neves for a year now, need a proper player to help Rodri and learn from him? If not Neves then Kimmich? Neves could only happen if Bernardo goes there imo as we would pay a fee on top as Bernardo is rumored to have a €50m release clause so Neves would be higher than that but would help Benfica towards his wages as he would have to take a pay cut to go back there.
Can’t see Frimpong, would have thought Neto only if we aren’t keeping Savio, no idea if we are or not. That brings your list down to 3 from 5 which is fair enough. No idea on whether the names are right or not other than Paqueta and Savio seem most likely.
The Rodri thing is difficult, I’m sure we’ll buy somebody but finding the right answer is very tricky. Always compare it to Busquets, did barcelona ever get decent cover or competition for him. They got lucky and he was pretty indestructible .

Could make decent money on player sales:

Cancelo 15-20m
Sergio Gomez 15m
Yan Couto 25m (best RB in La Liga this season)
Harwood-Bellis 15-20m
C. Doyle 10m
T. Doyle 5m (option to buy)
Kabore 5m
Kalvin 25m?

Delap played quite well before his injury, probably another loan for him. Wilson-Esbrand could potentially bring 1 or 2 million. Alex Robertson was doing very well at Porsmouth but got injured.

McAtee and Perrone probably needs another loan, both could be worth 20m+ if we find the right clubs for them

Can’t see Frimpong, would have thought Neto only if we aren’t keeping Savio, no idea if we are or not. That brings your list down to 3 from 5 which is fair enough. No idea on whether the names are right or not other than Paqueta and Savio seem most likely.
The Rodri thing is difficult, I’m sure we’ll buy somebody but finding the right answer is very tricky. Always compare it to Busquets, did barcelona ever get decent cover or competition for him. They got lucky and he was pretty indestructible .

We defo need someone who can do the job if/when Rodri is out? Maybe Palinha would be happy to be part of this team and know the role? Back up to start?

Could make decent money on player sales:

Cancelo 15-20m
Sergio Gomez 15m
Yan Couto 25m (best RB in La Liga this season)
Harwood-Bellis 15-20m
C. Doyle 10m
T. Doyle 5m (option to buy)
Kabore 5m
Kalvin 25m?

Delap played quite well before his injury, probably another loan for him. Wilson-Esbrand could potentially bring 1 or 2 million. Alex Robertson was doing very well at Porsmouth but got injured.

McAtee and Perrone probably needs another loan, both could be worth 20m+ if we find the right clubs for them
Kalvin -25M if you please.

I do worry about how long the 'project 'will appeal to Rods. Bernie has been there and done it a number of times and got several tee shirts, I can understand him wanting to try for something different before his batteries run out. He's been into training, heard the same talks, visited the same grounds and put up with the same shit decisions for 7 years now. It will be the same for most of our foreign lads.

I imagine Rods will want to strut his stuff in his home country, or even city in the next few years, so we do need to have a long term plan for him. Luiz would be good for a few years while the next big thing takes over.

I do worry about how long the 'project 'will appeal to Rods. Bernie has been there and done it a number of times and got several tee shirts, I can understand him wanting to try for something different before his batteries run out. He's been into training, heard the same talks, visited the same grounds and put up with the same shit decisions for 7 years now. It will be the same for most of our foreign lads.

I imagine Rods will want to strut his stuff in his home country, or even city in the next few years, so we do need to have a long term plan for him. Luiz would be good for a few years while the next big thing takes over.

Rodri seems is in no hurry going back home like Bernardo is.

He talks in one interview that he likes of what Txixi doing and seems already planned to become Sporting Director in the future. That's for me atleast is not someone wanting to get move anytime soon in near future.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.