19 | Julian Alvarez - 2023/24

not a winger, not a midfielder. not his fault imho. only 56% pass accuracy today.

that theory that he has to play so he doesn’t leave, would pep really do that?

I said before the game picking him over Kovacic would kill us and I feel pretty vindicated right now.

However I don’t think Pep has ever made a tactical “overthink” that I haven’t thought was a totally fair decision when he’s explained it, so hopefully he is asked about the decision and his reasoning in the press conference.

Scored against Liverpool last season, Madrid in the CL, others as well. Haaland is no great in the big games as well. We are generally worse this season in those games, not just Julian.
I'm talking about this season, he was very good at the start of the season but has been very poor for a long time now even if he gets the occasional goal or assist against poor sides, but it's mostly not his fault since he's just a striker put in positions he can't play.

Hard to argue with his stats or his work rate, but (like many today) he was not at the speed of the game.

In terms of performances, The Alvarez "experiment" hasnt worked against mid table sides, so why would it work against Liverpool at Anfield?

Pep sometimes has a habit of persisting with things until they start working, but I think it's time to give up on this one.

Scored against Liverpool last season, Madrid in the CL, others as well. Haaland is not great in the big games as well. We are generally worse this season in those games, not just Julian.
Played as striker in those games. No question over his ability there, he’s just not suited to playing midfield, especially in a Pep team. It’s a weird blind spot Pep has. It’s like pep suddenly values running over control.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.