6 | Nathan Ake - 2023/24

Wow. So many different views.
Got rattled for 15 minutes today following his mistake that lead to the pen. After that, was solid, grew in stature and didn’t make any mistakes.
Show me a person that never makes a mistake and I’ll show you a liar. Do t disrespect Nathan. He made a mistake and then he made up for it.

No, he hasn't. If anything, he's our most overrated defender. He cost us both at both Arsenal and Liverpool this season, and at home vs Spurs for their 3rd goal. Every team creates more chances from his side. Even that youngster Bradley turned him today and created a good chance. He was poor in the air, too.

Akanji has been better than him, including at LB where Akanji was brilliant vs Real. He's a CB who does a decent job at LB. No more.
Ideally I hope to live long enough to see us have an actual left back who plays that position because they excel at it not because they are shoe horned into it. You can put humps on a donkey but it doesn't make it a camel.

No, he hasn't. If anything, he's our most overrated defender. He cost us both at Arsenal and Liverpool this season, and at home vs Spurs for their 3rd goal. Every team creates more chances from his side. Even that youngster Bradley turned him today and created a good chance. He was poor in the air, too.

Akanji has been better than him, including at LB where Akanji was brilliant vs Real. Ake's a good CB who does a decent job at LB. No more.
Got shredded at Wolves away as well.

That's the problem. He's more of an old school defender and isn't good enough vs high-press. He's the opposite of Cancelo who was average 1 on 1 but was great on the ball.
Deluded. Cancelo never great on the ball. His ego thought he was and the odd decent pass masked a very poor professional. A trivela doesnt make a player great.
Ake, treble winner, a far superior player. Ask Pep, rather than my view.

Ake made a mistake however we lost two points because of Foden and Haaland missing clear chances. Both are heroes in one game go missing in next and today they both should have scored clear chances.

No, he hasn't. If anything, he's our most overrated defender. He cost us both at both Arsenal and Liverpool this season, and at home vs Spurs for their 3rd goal. Every team creates more chances from his side. Even that youngster Bradley turned him today and created a good chance. He was poor in the air, too.

Akanji has been better than him, including at LB where Akanji was brilliant vs Real. He's a CB who does a decent job at LB. No more.
Neto destroyed him against Wolves as well, and he was poor against Crystal Palace too. He is a great defender, but I can't believe how overrated by our fanbase he is. For example, people voted him better than Rodri last season, which is mad. It's frustrating that our fanbase makes scapegoats out of some and completely takes the responsibility away from others. Not many point out he cost us today. The reality is most of our players make mistakes occasionally, but some get destroyed by it, and others get a pass. Imagine if it was Gvardiol today. People would have him sold.

Ake has been largely great for the last 2 seasons, but he is not above anyone else in this team. He makes mistakes and costs us games just as much as anyone else at the back this season.

Deluded. Cancelo never great on the ball. His ego thought he was and the odd decent pass masked a very poor professional. A trivela doesnt make a player great.
Ake, treble winner, a far superior player. Ask Pep, rather than my view.

Cancelo wasn't a team player in that he didn't accept Pep's decision to bench him when he was poor. Pep was right to get rid.

It would be silly to question his technical ability, though. Technique wise, Cancelo was the best FB in the history of PL. And the only one who made the team of the season both at RB and LB.

Ake is one of our best players who rarely makes a mistake. He is human.

Anyway I blame the Anfield grass. It grows more.

Ake made a mistake however we lost two points because of Foden and Haaland missing clear chances. Both are heroes in one game go missing in next and today they both should have scored clear chances.
But on the flip side we gained a point because Diaz missed 3 clear chances.

One thing is clear, we give away too many easy goals. This was the latest in a long list this season,

I want a pint of what you’re drinking @alexmcity
The best technical FB in the history of the PL. Wow.
Nowhere near and my glasses are as blue tinted as they come. Let’s discuss tomorrow when you’ve put the beer away.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.