6 | Nathan Ake - 2023/24

I had been asking who would take on the mantle of boo-boy with Jack out of the side, and Alvarez falling out of fashion, and it looks as though we finally have the white smoke from the North Stand chimney.

I want a pint of what you’re drinking @alexmcity
The best technical FB in the history of the PL. Wow.
Nowhere near and my glasses are as blue tinted as they come. Let’s discuss tomorrow when you’ve put the beer away.

Name one FB who was better on the ball than him? He had more assists for our 21/22 PL title than KDB and could play as a winger. Grealish said Cancelo would be a top winger if he played as one. He is still our player only because we want a lot of money for him, i.e., because the people at the club rate his footballing qualities and want a fair fee.

Ake is one of our best players

No, he really isn't. There are at least 10 players in this squad who are better than him. Voting him better than Rodri and Gundo last season (or Bernardo!) was stupid.

Ake's a valuable squad player, no more than that. We couldn't win the Treble without squad players him. He's loved for a reason. But he is nowhere near the likes of Rodri, KDB, Haaland, Foden, Stones, Ederson, Bernardo, etc.

He's normally very solid, one mistake like that doesn't do him in.

He needs to move on from it and not let it affect him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.