Liverpool (A) | PL | Post Match Thread

I hated watching that game, it’s just too tense. Like the Derby used to be. And I also could not cope with how we seemed to fall apart in the second half. Where did stones Rodri Bernardo kev and Foden all disappear to at the same time?

Given all that I’ll settle for a point, especially when I thought Edison would get a red card and Doku would get penalised for a “penalty” with about 10 seconds to go. I’m shocked we didn’t get turned over by the officials at Anfield!

I’m not sure what Kev was moaning about to be honest he just was not at the races in the second half and bringing kovatic did certainly shore things up. We must beat Arsenal now at ours. And hope Liverpool trip up somewhere.

Off for a massive calming drink !!
I don't think John Stones disappeared at all!!

I don't really know how to feel after that! In the first half I thought we were good value to be winning but by the end of it, I was glad of a point. I honestly think if the game had gone on for another 10 minutes we'd have lost it. I had a feeling that if they'd had gone in front, we'd be toasted.

For some reason in the 2nd half we came out so slow and switched off. I don't know why, or for what reason, but they all needed a kick up the arse. The slow ball back from Ake (I thought he had a good game otherwise) to the switched off Ederson was ridiculous and Ederson then had his Anfield brain fart. I have no idea what he was doing but it was a stupid challenge which left him injured, them with a penalty and us with an unnecessary sub to make. I rate Ederson but he can switch off in big games and I would drop him maybe against Luton to kick his arse about and get him focussed. Ortega was magnificent when he came on and is more than a second keeper.

Pep started with the wrong formation and despite Alvarez having one of his worst games there, he didn't change it till late. Defensively, the longer the game went on the worse we became. We left HUGE gaps at the back and on another day we would've been punished. The space between Walker and the central defence was incredible at times. We just look so slow and ... tired... compared to them and I just don't know why we can't just up our game when we play them. It's not like Klopp ever plays a slow, tactical game - it's all 100mph stuff from them with balls over the top. Pep doesn't seem to learn much from these games in my view.

It was disappointing to see so many of our team have poor games. Rodri was awful and I think he's a Ballon D'Or winner. KdB was off pace, Bernardo was off the boil, same for Alvarez. Haaland did nothing for me. I thought to myself if he'd had applied himself to VVD as he did to that Luton defender he might have got a bit more but he did nothing today. I do sometimes think when we have these games we should start 4-6-0 and maybe bring him on if we think we need more control.

As for Liverpool, 2nd half they were absolutely superb I'm afraid to say. Physically they were on another level and just overwhelmed us. Klopp has rebuilt that team and make no mistake, they are better now than there were with Henderson/Fabinho/Firmino etc. If they get their next manager right, they will continue to trouble us.

Overall, I just wish we'd have given their makeshift defence more to worry about but happy with a point. Sometimes the result is more important than the performance.

COME ON CITY!!

Before the game, I'd have happily taken a point.
After the game, I remain happy - 1 point behind them and not 4.
2 behind Arsenal and all still to play for.
Happy days, so stop acting like spoilt brats loads of you and remember - we're still well in the title race.
Hallelujah

Let’s be honest second half was crap.

First 10/15 in the first half we should have scored a couple, didn't which is a theme this season.

Second half the dips ran and outplayed us. Haaland is also not scoring everygame which is noticeable because no other player bar Phil is carrying a goal threat hence why we have not been hammering teams.

I said it weeks back, Haaland needs to score nearly every game for us to win the league. He is not currently.

City can still win the league with 10 to go.

Beat Arsenal next and people will start to believe it’s ours to lose again.

Can we just take a min tho and appreciate what every single one of those players has achieved for city especially last season. It’s hard to criticise them as they are a great bunch of lads who try their best.

Staying at the top is fucking hard.
"It's hard to criticise them" but you're not doing a bad job of it.

I don't know how long the most critical ones have been following the club but I'd love to know how they would have coped in the late '90s.

This is the best Manchester City team ever by a very long way and has achieved things that even 10 years ago were beyond my wildest dreams, so I do find it virtually impossible to criticise them.

But what I don't get are the number of people who don't understand that no matter who you are or how good you are, you're never going to be at 100% for 100% of the time and there are going to be off days. They don't deserve to be slagged off in the way that many of them are on here after a poor game - and this after an away draw at Anfield FFS.

Has anybody actually noticed that we're currently no worse off at this stage than we were at the same point last season (-1 point if you want to be pedantic), so all things considered I'd say that's pretty incredible with 2 challengers chasing the title this time around.

In the end it's a decent point,the 1st 10 mins we was on top,rest of the half even.second totally outplayed and more importantly out fought.lucky to come away with a result.foden on the right waste of time.rhodri hounded out of the game,haaland non exsitant,ake had a mare.bernado lost his composure and we started humping long balls up cause they rattled us.we're still in it that's all that matters,poor performance,move on

Happy days, so stop acting like spoilt brats loads of you and remember - we're still well in the title race.
I Remember 2014 when Chelsea were the third team in the race.

How the ref didnt give a penalty at the end I'll never know
For what? For Mac Allister jumping chest first into a guy playing a volley. Give me a fucking break. Just play the fucking game and stop looking for handouts at every turn. Mac Allister barely got touched and acted like he was shot. I'd say it's a foul on him for impeding Doku's follow through. How's that for a perspective...

Bottled it again at Anfield but won the league 5 times in 6 seasons and are:

- Champions of England
- Champions of Europe
- Champions of the World

100% bottlers.

It was a shit day (lots of bad things about the performance) at the office but we’re well positioned and the chance is there for us to make history.
I agree
Sorry just really pissed off and I don't understand how we never win at Anfield.

Only 1 behind Arsenal and Liverpool :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.