Liverpool (A) | PL | Post Match Thread

"It's hard to criticise them" but you're not doing a bad job of it.

I don't know how long the most critical ones have been following the club but I'd love to know how they would have coped in the late '90s.

This is the best Manchester City team ever by a very long way and has achieved things that even 10 years ago were beyond my wildest dreams, so I do find it virtually impossible to criticise them.

But what I don't get are the number of people who don't understand that no matter who you are or how good you are, you're never going to be at 100% for 100% of the time and there are going to be off days. They don't deserve to be slagged off in the way that many of them are on here after a poor game - and this after an away draw at Anfield FFS.

Has anybody actually noticed that we're currently no worse off at this stage than we were at the same point last season (-1 point if you want to be pedantic), so all things considered I'd say that's pretty incredible with 2 challengers chasing the title this time around.
Why post something sensible ?

Liverpool lose at the rags (fucking no chance) and we beat arsenal and we'll be happy little campers here. It could happen .. apart from the bit where united beat someone half decent.
A draw would suffice. Would the rags raise their game to the required level, though? Their fans won't want the cultists winning the league.

Maybe, but those cunts are playing well.
They are but I still back us to beat anyone when matters
Dippreville is just hard and always will be you have to give them credit for that
But I back our boys to do business from now on

They aren't. Been saying it for months. Sadly think they get the title, Arse will implode and we aren't at the races. The only positive I take from that, apart from the point, is that it is a good run out for the latter stages of the Champs League.
LMFAO...

No-one on here knows who will win the title, nor do they know what our competitors results will be in the rest of the season. Today's game would never tell us anyway! It was a match between the top two, was hard fought and ended with honours even. A lot of posters ignore these realities and award the title to x or y because they won't drop any points in the remaining ten games. Maybe. Maybe not. But today's game - a lucky draw against an injury ravaged Liverpool team of inexperienced kids? - was not a defeat and has left us firmly in the title race. A second point is that it was not a lucky draw. Our (second choice) keeper had one real save to make and he made it perfectly. They had chances and missed them. No prizes for that. Doku hit the post late on and this Could have won it (but didn't) for us. The third point is that this was not a Liverpool eleven of inexperienced kids. Their goalkeeper was not first choice but he's played more than Ortega who kept goal for the second half for us. No-one sees Ortega as a weakness (which he isn't!) and Keleher isn't either. Of their back four van Dijk is first choice an Gomez plays quite regularly and Bradley has been getting rave reviews from all and sundry. Beyond that the midfield plays regularly as do the front three. Salah didn't start but got half an hour and got little change out of us. Of course, Liverpool should have had four penalties (some on here agree!) but the ref and Var thought they should have none. At Anfield! We dug in , won a point ... and deserved it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.