First Away Game

December 1972 - Norwich away and a 1-1 draw. We have family living there who moved from Manchester due to my Uncles job, so were own there over Xmas. My parents (both City mad as were the extended family) couldnt get a babysitter so 2 year old me was carried in with them - couldnt tell you anything about the game but I still have the programme somewhere as it was my first ever game.

everton away 1977 to 78 programme

EVERTON 1 CITY 1

League Division 1

1st October 1977

Attendance 43,286

Scorers
City
Hartford(49)
Everton Latchford(60)

Ref D Turner​

City Corrigan, Clements, Donachie, Owen, Watson, Booth, Barnes, Kidd, Power, Hartford, Tueart – sub Royle(45)

Everton Wood, Darracott, Pejic, Lyons, Higgins, Rioch, King, Dobson, Lathford, McKenzie, Thomas – sub Pearson(unused)

Went on my own, on the coach from Maine Road, I had just turned 14!!
Kicked off outside the park on the way back to the coaches!

Scum 1958 at the swamp ,my cousin was a big red and he took me and his brother was the last derby before Munich and he anted to show me how good the team was.However Iwas mesmerised watching Bert Trautmann in goal and have been a blue since then.Most of my other cousins are blue as well

Last edited:
Dippers 66. For me first time in Div 1

Lost 2 3 but we were great. Still remember the morning papers next day. One with a classic headline..
'I dont know why the kop were singing, they should have been praying;

Chased across Stanley Park after the match. Great night out.

Bolton away 1996. It was only my second City game, my first being Blackburn at home a few weeks earlier. Both games were shite and finished 1-1. Fuck knows why I carried on going.

EDIT: Just looked and my first 12 City games were either losses or draws haha. Jesus

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.